Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bee sting antenna

T-Bone75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline, VC resto
I've bought two different stubby antennas from two different eBay sellers for around $15-$20. The first one was a blue aluminium job but I wasn't happy with the colour, although the reception seemed fine (in Syd). Anyway I got the 2nd one, a black/carbon look one. Whilst installing it, the cover came off and I discovered.. it's just a hollow freakin' plastic tube! No cable coiled in there or anything - ie NOT AN ANTENNA. Sure enough, I removed it and get the same radio reception WITH NO ANTENNA attached. I've actually plasti-dipped the first one black and put it on just for looks, even though I suspect it's not a proper antenna either. I carry my original one around in the boot for out-of-town trips.

Anyway - beware, the cheap ones are probably just a piece of plastic, not an actual antenna!

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Haha bloody Ebay
Funny-Pictures-Ebay.jpg

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
I just bit the bullet and bought one of the antenna's from a local walkinshaw stockist, could have bought it at Watsons, but then again its watsons. It works without flaw so far. It cost me $33 which is a bit more than the ebay prices but it has worked perfectly.

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
8489850099_6b76970859.jpg

8489857091_a21c028422.jpg

Sorry the picture of the aerial on the car is a bit small the only picture I have for now

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
no its not, no pics :(

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
You should be able to see them LD, if you really want to see I can pm you the links

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
:( nope still no pics. Nvm, I guess prob the same as most other bee stings. Well maybe :p