Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beef up my ve ss exhaust sound

VE-KARMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
Hey there guys,
I have a VE SS ute. I want to Beef up the Exhaust sound, but I do not want to spend $2,000 plus on a cat back system......Anyone got solutions? I see all these Bloody V6's driving past me, thumping Louder than my V8....how embarrassing !!!:bomb:

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
just change the rear mufflers

or for seriously quick/easy results, take off the rear mufflers and replace with pipe

burgo45d

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Ute
hey mate im in the same boat found this one from hi-tech mufflers its a cat back stainless job $1800.
prob gonna buy it for my ute.. is 2.5".

YouTube - VE SS Ute Loud

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Put a cam into it to make it sound better

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Hey there guys,
I have a VE SS ute. I want to Beef up the Exhaust sound, but I do not want to spend $2,000 plus on a cat back system......Anyone got solutions? I see all these Bloody V6's driving past me, thumping Louder than my V8....how embarrassing !!!:bomb:

my best bet would be to have a squiz on the show off your ride section and look for peoples YTube video's of their exhausts and see what they have and if you like it..

here.. ill say it before anyone else does..

Just use headers HEHE.. there... someone said it

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
my best bet would be to have a squiz on the show off your ride section and look for peoples YTube video's of their exhausts and see what they have and if you like it..

here.. ill say it before anyone else does..

Just use headers HEHE.. there... someone said it

If you just want to improve the sound, then I'd replace your rear mufflers with some Varex like I'm running. You have the ability to have it loud when you want, or quiet when you want.

Check out my youtube posts ... but keep in mind I'm running 4 into 1 extractors, high flow cats, 3" cat back and a big cam and OTR etc ... so you're won't sound like this:

YouTube - Cammed VE SSV with Varex mufflers video 2
YouTube - Cammed VE SSV with Varex mufflers video 1

VE-KARMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
just change the rear mufflers

or for seriously quick/easy results, take off the rear mufflers and replace with pipe
Thanks for that I will look into that option!!!! I am only a Chick you know....although...I know alot about Holdens!!!! LOVE EM!!!

VE-KARMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
hey mate im in the same boat found this one from hi-tech mufflers its a cat back stainless job $1800.
prob gonna buy it for my ute.. is 2.5".

YouTube - VE SS Ute Loud
Yeah, that sounds good too....but I may aswell get the whole thing done....as Hi-Tech Mufflers is in Sydney....LOL....it would cost me more to get there!!!

jono0309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
For a cheap price, just pick up a Xforce 2.5inch system for about $600 ish, I got mine for $350 second hand off ebay (500kms old), big difference in sound but its not obnoxious.

VE-KARMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
Sounds good, I have actually been looking on Ebay for the Xforce Varex, got some good deals on there!!!