Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[BEEFY] - chris's VN Berlina

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
beefcream said:
hey all,

heres my vn.. had it for about 6 months maybe but bein young mods are kinda slow atm :mad: but its all goin well

mods so far:
audio
Pioneer TS-G1040R 4 inch 2 way speakers
Pioneer DEH-P1Y head unit
Pioneer TS-D161S rear speakers
Pioneer GM-5200T amp
Pioneer TS-W306C sub

body
Led blue parking lights
Debadged
Back lowered on lovell sports low coils and Monroe gt gas shockers
VN Calais rims
Tinted rear tail lights
Rear superpro swaybar bushes

other
Led blue parking lights
Debadged
Back lowered on lovell sports low coils and Monroe gt gas shockers
VN Calais rims
Tinted rear tail lights
Rear superpro swaybar bushes

atm im workin on the front suspension cause ive decided to stay wid lows.. altho i still wanna dump it :mad::king:
looks good mate , I have too say nice tail lights and ya got the same deck as me so im sure that looks the goods in the vn dash.... :) nice work

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I got pulled over by police and they checked over my car, asking me to put my lights on and obviously they saw the blue parkers. You can see them when ur headlights are on as well, but its not easy to see.

Each brake light should be able to be seen from 30m back in the daytime. Its not a matter of having 1 brake light that u can see out of the 5 on your car lol. Same goes for reversing lights and indicators too. But your rear lights are tinted pretty massively, so i cant see you going too long without getting defected eventually because it is pretty dangerous and if you get a cop behind you it wuldnt be good.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
stocky said:
and its also a good excuse for someone to use if they run into the back of you

Yeah thats the other thing...insurance companies are total bitches and in a rear end collision where its basically ALWAYS 100% the other persons fault, if you have 3rd party fire and theft or even full coverage, they might not pay out because of the tail lights. & when i had my tinted rear lights on, i had several complaints about people not being able to see me brake as well as ppl having a go at me for not indicating when in fact i did...

Actually i got into a rather large argument with a security guard in an R31 skyline who says i didnt use my indicator (he was 30m away when i changed lanes & there were no cars around me anyway) and then chased me down regency road right up my ass and then i did a U-Turn, he does and does a massive burnout too :driving: and he then blocked my exit from a carpark. I got out the car and the guy went nuts...right in front of my ex girlfriend too who was only 16 at the time. I was in school uniform so he then grabbed his phone and said he was reporting me to the cops and my school...So i was like ok, and i rang his security guard company and they fired him.

Fuc*ing psycho. All cause he reckons i didnt use my indicator. :bang: :flame:

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
mate you got urself a clean berlina there, im liking the tinted rear tail lights, now im just wondering cos i own a berlina aswell, are your black bumber areas faded, as mine are pretty much grey and im thinking of respraying them. i hate having to put armoral on them everytime i wash the thing

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
photoshoot at local foodies :king: lol

cant really tell in this pic how much lower it is

2morr sum decent pics

Attachments

• DSC00788.JPG
    DSC00788.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,615