Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Being single in 2011-let the freakshow begin

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Needs to be SheDvl

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I get the feeling some people are playing stupid....
the avatar should have been a dead giveaway as to what the plate meant.
it usually takes me a few shots to figure out some of the personalised plates, but that one is dead set obvious......

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
8 pages of this?... dear baby jesus in the manger...

Shedvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary Commodore
I agree...so unless someone wants to refer to original topic :)

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
What was it again???????????????????:hiding:

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
My daughter is 15 and 175cm tall and looks much older when she's made up to go out.

Her dance troop were performing at a club about 3 months ago, she didn't even get asked for ID as we entered.

Like buying cigerettes, if they look under 25, ask for ID before you get locked up for touching the jail-bait.

I have a 12 year old thats 160cm, 60kg and fully developed. She would have no problem getting served in a bar. It scares the hell out of me. Its a real problem, dealing with a child in a womans body and making her understand why the boundaries exist. Her older sister is 15, she was the same, and seems to have made it through ok so far, so I am hoping she can help provide the needed support.

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I have a 12 year old thats 170cm, 70kg and fully developed. She would have no problem getting served in a bar. It scares the hell out of me. Its a real problem, dealing with a child in a womans body and making her understand why the boundaries exist. Her older sister is 15, she was the same, and seems to have made it through ok so far, so I am hoping she can help provide the needed support.

Probably the biggest worry for parents these days is the speed with which our kids grow up and develop, and it's a much greater problem with daughters. Their exposure through social media to things we never experienced until much later in life is also a concern. It was much easier for our parents to keep an eye on us and know what we were doing most of the time but mobile phones and computers have changed that. Kids experience things through those media that they are not old enough to understand fully, but want to be part of. It's a worry.

(And again, we are well off topic.....sorry)

Shedvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary Commodore
I think despite it going off topic..its a good topic. Although I read it and think, thank god I have sons. Although that comes with a whole different set of issues. Boys and driving in cars with mates, teaching boys to respect females but not be doormats & let girls treat them badly etc.
In getting back to the topic of being single and dating... its very nerve wracking the thought of having people around your children. Ive never dated anyone seriously enough to be at the stage of having them meet my children, but with so many weirdos out there you have to be so careful.
I cant imagine being a dad with a teenage daughter...and having boys rock up to the door and leering at your daughter.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
I have a son, i just hope he doesnt knock me out or knock up a chic before hes 16...