Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

benifits of super vs turbo

Commotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WRX
lag is only something that occurs when a motor is built to make big power. being low compression and the types of cams etc causes horrid power down low until boost which then increases the mean affective pressure making all the power up high. you stick a turbo on a standard motor there is no lag its just the same power that it had prior to turbo up untill 2500-3000. my car has the intake pressure just passing the 0 mark at 2500 and is at 8psi by 2900-3200 depending. you want lag you get a centrifical blower. you have to wait till redline before you get your max boost and at 3g where mine is making max boost a centrifical blower would only be making a pound or two. plus when at the drags that bit of dosile power low in the revs can give the car time to get some momentum before all the power comes on. i hate it when people use the term lag to bag out turbos as the obviouldy have no idea about what they are talking about.

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
eheheheheheheheheheh

Last edited:

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
I've been enjoying the SC concept for some years now, perfectly suited to the stock engines and there is no sudden rush or rise, just controllable torque with more than enough stick to knock a couple of seconds of the stock times.

And the ease, a few hours and the enjoyment comes right away ......... :)

You would probably expect I would say the above ........ however thats just how it is. And its way easy on the car too.

Price: $4995 all the time including a tune and if you DIY you are on the road to glory right away with no more to pay, 10psi boost.

Insurance on cars with Raptor seem to be getting quite reasonable rates through shannons Insurance too.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I've been enjoying the SC concept for some years now, perfectly suited to the stock engines and there is no sudden rush or rise, just controllable torque with more than enough stick to knock a couple of seconds of the stock times.

And the ease, a few hours and the enjoyment comes right away ......... :)

You would probably expect I would say the above ........ however thats just how it is. And its way easy on the car too.

Price: $4995 all the time including a tune and if you DIY you are on the road to glory right away with no more to pay, 10psi boost.

Insurance on cars with Raptor seem to be getting quite reasonable rates through shannons Insurance too.

I've owned both turbo cars and s/c cars. The S/c car was so much more of a pleasure to drive, can town drive with no issue but have every bit of hp available when you touch the fun button. With my Turbo setups, they were too nothing then bam. It doesn't give the same effect of power as a s/c.

Besides, nothing beats the sound of a nice whine.

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
i want rapter!

Last edited: