Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt berlina s2 vs vt acclaim s2 body loom questions

Speeddemon030

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII berlina v6 auto sedan
Hi guys me yet again. I was messing around with my silver acclaim when I noticed that it had the active ports in the exterior fuse box for fog lights and my berlina doesn't apon further inspection. Why would this be ?
Does the acclaim have any other things that a berlina wouldn't and if I was to swap to a calais body loom in the berlina would I need to do anything extra like BCM , ecu etc.?
And if I needed to can I get a bcm coded to match the codes that were supplied to the car (radio , key etc. Which are unique to the VIN)
I've been thinking about a calais body loom in my berlina for some time so I can get foglights and a bunch of other things like door card courtesey lights. but those things are too much of a grey area for me and with the car being parked up due to a bad engine I figure why not save for a calais loom now
The donor car would hopefully be a complete calais v6 + auto that I can just swap what I want off , keep the rest spare and scrap
Another question is the fitments for a set of rear reading lights in the acclaim (the ones above the door) where does the body harness actually separate or do I need to tear the entire car apart to get the whole loom out?
Just pretty much sums up what I need to know , if the bcm can be coded to match my car I'd be pretty stoked about it but I don't think anyone has asked that question because I couldn't find a clear answer

I know I ramble on but I figure I'll cram all my questions into one post

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Wow. There's a lot there to unpack.
Click here. These are the wiring diagrams for every part of every flavour of every Commodore from VT through to VY. That should help answer a couple of your questions.
In terms of the fog lights - my husband has an Acclaim and they are like a weird hybrid creature. Like if a Calais, a Berlina and an Exec all ran fruit and veg shops that were on the same street and in direct competition with each other. You want to make a Calais fruit salad, but the Calais store is expensive, so you only buy the pineapple there. The Berlina store is more reasonable, so you buy the apples, bananas and watermelon there. You figure you can pick up the last couple of things at the Exec store, but when you get there, they only have potatoes. And the other stores are now closed. So you buy the potatoes. Then you go home and you make an Acclaim fruit salad instead. With the potatoes. That's what an Acclaim is.

Last edited:

Speeddemon030

Reaction score
Members Ride
Click here. These are the wiring diagrams for every part of every flavour of every Commodore from VT through to VY. That should help answer a couple of your questions.
In terms of the fog lights - my husband has an Acclaim and they are like a weird hybrid creature. Like if a Calais, a Berlina and an Exec all ran fruit and veg shops that were on the same street and in direct competition with each other. You want to make a Calais fruit salad, but the Calais store is expensive, so you only buy the pineapple there. The Berlina store is more reasonable, so you buy the apples, bananas and watermelon there. You figure you can pick up the last couple of things at the Exec store, but when you get there, they only have potatoes. And the other stores are now closed. So you buy the potatoes. Then you go home and you make an Acclaim fruit salad instead. That's what an Acclaim is.
So the acclaim is pretty much a Frankenstein in terms of what it can come with , my question now is if I ordered a set of ironman fog lights for my acclaim would they be able ti run off the factory loom (I'll figure iut hoe to connect them another day)
And yeah the calais are expensive but ill find a wrecker one on marketplace and butcher it

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
So the acclaim is pretty much a Frankenstein in terms of what it can come with
No, it's worse, in my opinion.

It's like you and your mate go out to a nightclub and from across the dark and smokey dance floor you spot a hot set of twins. You've never seen them there before, so you both go over and offer to buy them a drink. As they tell you they're new to the area, Twin A(cclaim) asks for a beer and Twin B(erlina) asks for a Jack and Coke. The beer is $39,000 and the Jack and Coke is $42,000. You immediately claim Twin A because, at first glance, she looks just like Twin B, but she's not going to cost you as much, so you figure it's a win.
After finishing their drink they agree to come home with you both. You're all having a good night and you think you and your mate got pretty much the same thing, he just shelled out $3,000 more for his. Your smug satisfaction is short-lived, though, when Twin B starts showing off her impressive 6-disk CD player, something Twin A doesn't have. That's ok, you think, at least Twin A has air conditioning! But then, when Twin B reveals she also has air conditioning, you see she has climate control as well.
Twin B then kicks off her sexy alloy heels and for the first time, you notice Twin A is wearing Blundstones. She notices you staring and starts talking about how she could have upgraded to alloy heels, but just didn't think it was that important at the time and stuck with the Blunnies she'd had for years. However, that quickly vacates your brain, as she leans over and whispers seductively to you something about fog lights and how she started to get them installed... but never bothered finishing the install and now all she has to show for it are some extra blood vessels that were installed in anticipation of the fog lights.
Then Twin B starts telling a story about how she always gets lost driving places, and your fragile male ego claws back some ground when Twin A cuts her off to say that she never does, because she has satellite navigation. Score!
You're all getting pretty comfy and you notice something slowly begin to stand up all by itself... it's Twin B's power antenna teeth. You quickly turn back to look at Twin A in hope... only to see her smile awkwardly, revealing her missing front teeth and mumbles that she was smiling one day, showing her teeth, and proceeded to accidentally snap them off when, like a dumbass, she dragged a hose across her bonnet.
The final straw for you comes when you turn back to look again at Twin B and now see she's wearing a racy leather steering wheel and Twin A is wearing some weird rubbery fake leather with an outdated pebble finish, that's a dull gray colour and has rough patches where parts of the outer layer have rubbed away... Puzzled, you ask about the patches, to which she replies "oh that happens when my husband's wedding ring rubs over them while he's rubbing his hands all over me and gripping me as he's riding me...." and that's all you need to hear. You tell her to go sit out in the backyard so no one driving past can see her, while your mate has a great night with Twin B. And all because you didn't want to spend a lousy extra $3,000.

See, worse than Frankenstein.

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

Speeddemon030

Reaction score
Members Ride
No, it's worse, in my opinion.

It's like you and your mate go out to a nightclub and from across the dark and smokey dance floor you spot a hot set of twins. You've never seen them there before, so you both go over and offer to buy them a drink. As they tell you they're new to the area, Twin A(cclaim) asks for a beer and Twin B(erlina) asks for a Jack and Coke. The beer is $39,000 and the Jack and Coke is $42,000. You immediately claim Twin A because, at first glance, she looks just like Twin B, but she's not going to cost you as much, so you figure it's a win.
After finishing their drink they agree to come home with you both. You're all having a good night and you think you and your mate got pretty much the same thing, he just shelled out $3,000 more for his. Your smug satisfaction is short-lived, though, when Twin B starts showing off her impressive 6-disk CD player, something Twin A doesn't have. That's ok, you think, at least Twin A has air conditioning! But then, when Twin B reveals she also has air conditioning, you see she has climate control as well.
Twin B then kicks off her sexy alloy heels and for the first time, you notice Twin A is wearing Blundstones. She notices you staring and starts talking about how she could have upgraded to alloy heels, but just didn't think it was that important at the time and stuck with the Blunnies she'd had for years. However, that quickly vacates your brain, as she leans over and whispers seductively to you something about fog lights and how she started to get them installed... but never bothered finishing the install and now all she has to show for it are some extra blood vessels that were installed in anticipation of the fog lights.
Then Twin B starts telling a story about how she always gets lost driving places, and your fragile male ego claws back some ground when Twin A cuts her off to say that she never does, because she has satellite navigation. Score!
You're all getting pretty comfy and you notice something slowly begin to stand up all by itself... it's Twin B's power antenna teeth. You quickly turn back to look at Twin A in hope... only to see her smile awkwardly, revealing her missing front teeth and mumbles that she was smiling one day, showing her teeth, and proceeded to accidentally snap them off when, like a dumbass, she dragged a hose across her bonnet.
The final straw for you comes when you turn back to look again at Twin B and now see she's wearing a racy leather steering wheel and Twin A is wearing some weird rubbery fake leather with an outdated pebble finish, that's a dull gray colour and has rough patches where parts of the outer layer have rubbed away... Puzzled, you ask about the patches, to which she replies "oh that happens when my husband's wedding ring rubs over them while he's rubbing his hands all over me and gripping me as he's riding me...." and that's all you need to hear. You tell her to go sit out in the backyard so no one driving past can see her, while your mate has a great night with Twin B. And all because you didn't want to spend a lousy extra $3,000.

See, worse than Frankenstein.
I genuinely loved the story telling and it actually made sense thank you , I'll just leave the berlina and the acclaim how they are. When I get my ute I'll dump a load of money into it to it instead

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I genuinely loved the story telling and it actually made sense thank you , I'll just leave the berlina and the acclaim how they are. When I get my ute I'll dump a load of money into it to it instead
I've got a vt exe. wagon.

I've done all those upgrades. Climate control, passenger & side airbags. Leather seat covers. Lots of other stuff.
Ve 6 speed auto, 3.46 LSD. Vf shifter, vf flat bottom steering wheel with paddle shifter (doesn't work yet).
Vt berlina interior light with the map lights, rear passenger map lights. Vy exe. map lights.
Vz wagon tie downs.
Theres more stuff, can't remember?

Something to do when l'm bored. Had the car 11 years now.

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
In terms of the fog lights - my husband has an Acclaim and they are like a weird hybrid creature. Like if a Calais, a Berlina and an Exec all ran fruit and veg shops that were on the same street and in direct competition with each other. You want to make a Calais fruit salad, but the Calais store is expensive, so you only buy the pineapple there. The Berlina store is more reasonable, so you buy the apples, bananas and watermelon there. You figure you can pick up the last couple of things at the Exec store, but when you get there, they only have potatoes. And the other stores are now closed. So you buy the potatoes. Then you go home and you make an Acclaim fruit salad instead. With the potatoes. That's what an Acclaim is.
In general, Acclaim got all the safety gear, and surprising the Berlina might have a bit less of that. The Berlina got more of the luxo stuff.