Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bermuda Blue VT Calais

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
car looks sweet man loving the colour with those rims :) boot intstall looks great 2 good 2 see ur putting the effort in the finer details. do u have any air circulation/vents 4 the amps wen they r covered over? great idea tho

Yeh, there's about a 8mm gap between the amps and the cover panels. Plus it's all open underneath the false floor. PDX amps don't have overheating issues like other amps as well.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Yeh, there's about a 8mm gap between the amps and the cover panels. Plus it's all open underneath the false floor. PDX amps don't have overheating issues like other amps as well.

thats awsome, wen time and motovation sets in again i'll b sinkin my amps in the floor of the VP just the same so i can finally use the boot again lol, was a lil concerned i may need an external fan 2 suck or blow air under them.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Plus it's a good way to hide the new equiptment purchases from the bride:)

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
Your pretty handy, somewhat of a jack of all trades, Check out my calais stock as a rock just got it .. planning on spending all my money on it lmao

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not much has been happening on the update front lately. I'm being raped for time with work and a major home Reno at the moment. Planning a new front stage for the audio though. I've narrowed it down to either the Focal utopia Be two way set or the focal KRX3 three way set. Still a little un decided at the moment so stay tuned.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 350
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 938

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
Not waiting till Saturday, where the pics man! haha

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not waiting till Saturday, where the pics man! haha

Full front stage tear down, A pillar trim builds and tuning. That **** ain't gunna happen in two days.

089JAY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Calais
You seem to be a bit of an SQ'r showbags. How was your stage hieght when you had the Tweeters in the sail panel? I am looking at putting mine there myself (2way passive system for now as thats all the budget allows for) but I have also been told my stage hieght will be low there and would sound much better on the a-pillars about half way up the screen.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
You seem to be a bit of an SQ'r showbags. How was your stage hieght when you had the Tweeters in the sail panel? I am looking at putting mine there myself (2way passive system for now as thats all the budget allows for) but I have also been told my stage hieght will be low there and would sound much better on the a-pillars about half way up the screen.

Stage height is fine in the sails. You just need to play around with the angles a little until you find the sweet spot you like. I'm also using time alignment through the processor.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a small update. Got around to installing my RUX controller for the PXA-H800 processor. I wanted it to be hidden, yet easily accessible. So I decided on modifying the pocket under the head unit. I had to move the bottom of the door forward to fit it in, and now has a magnetic latch to hold it closed. Now with the contoller, it allows me to make adjustments without having to plug in my laptop.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 414
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 423