Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Aftermarket Exhaust system ?

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
bit off topic , when u replace the extractors and zorst on the ve does it stuff up ur 02 sensors like it does with the vz models

black as

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 cars VZ sv8 6 litre and VU ute 5.7 litre
Hey , Just wondering since there are lots of aftermarket exhaust systems out there dunno which one to get .. i got a 07 VE and i was thinking of a 2.5" exhaust .. and the sound matters too so :p ...
any tips are appreciated

thanks

Have you looked at Di Filippo Performance Exhausts. I fitted a system to my VZ 6 litre sounds o.k

Di Filippo Performance Exhausts.

PhatCommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VR Wagon
bit off topic , when u replace the extractors and zorst on the ve does it stuff up ur 02 sensors like it does with the vz models

Yeah I think you need to get a re-tune if you get extractors.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Yeah I think you need to get a re-tune if you get extractors.

nah only cats. Doesnt stuff up, just displays an engine warning light everytime u start her up. Works perfect otherwise.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The problem is that the aftermarket cats only have one O2 sensor fitting on each side instead of two. But you can get the 2nd O2 sensor fitted easy enough.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
you dont need a tune, but if you dont get a tune and you change the cats then you will get a check engine light on the dash

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
you don't need a tune if you use shorty like the Pacemaker tri-Y's , HM or HSV's. If they bolt up in the standard position it should be fine. It's more to do with the location of the sensor I believe, which is why any of the longer 4 into 1's like the X-Force or 4 into 1 Pacemaker's cause the engine management light to go on.

BUT ... why go to the expense of changing the exhaust, particularly extractors, without unleashing the potential of the engine with a tune.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
The problem is that the aftermarket cats only have one O2 sensor fitting on each side instead of two. But you can get the 2nd O2 sensor fitted easy enough.

So possible to not have to tune the car to stop the engine check light?