Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best brand blank CD's

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
I am experiencing jumping of burnt CD's in my VZ audio unit. Anybody else experienced this and if so what is the best brand blank CD to hopefully prevent this from happening?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
ah i havent used blank cds for a while. its the age of dvds now :)

however, i liked TDK cds. never had a problem with them. just make sure you dont treat them like crap. i had a cd skipping in my car, had a look at the back of it and i could see why. keep them in a cd wallet or something

The Macross

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive V6
Never had a issue in VYII, i havd the default unit for about 4 months till i got rid of it. i was using TDK i think, but i generally use the cheapest i can find with no problems, could be just bad luck with the batch

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
TDK extreme or the top end Verbatim disks. May cost a little more than the cheap crap ones from JB Hi-Fi, but they can handle a bit more abuse than the el-cheapo ones. Generally have lower error counts in the burn (depends on the hardware you use to burn them though), and last a bit longer.

VT97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
burning the disk at a slower speed can help reduce errors, or better quality disk tdk are pretty good

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
If there are no errors on the disc and the bad quality is only a result of it being played in a car CD player, then you need to get some gold or silver CDRs. The closer you can get to silver the better the playback quality will be. Some of the gold coloured ones I've used are good, but you can get the Verbatim silver printable discs on a 50 spindle for about $25 now so give them a go!

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
i use verbatim ones that look like a record all different colours never had a problem with them never had one fail and i also burn on the slowest speed it does help

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
Thanks guys, I'll give the expensive CD's a spin and see how they go. Seems like TDK is the way to go. I'll try the slow burn as well. The skip/jump was a new CD just burnt, straight from the puter to the car. Burnt it again on another brand of CD, same result. Both play OK on home CD player and wifes Mitsubishi Lancer (thanks General). I am using Imitation CD from Tricky Dicky's and Phillips CD which I picked up in America for $US6.00 spindle of 50 Maybe a case of "uze get what uze pay for". I'll go top shelf and report on the result.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
DJ Majah said:
If there are no errors on the disc and the bad quality is only a result of it being played in a car CD player, then you need to get some gold or silver CDRs. The closer you can get to silver the better the playback quality will be. Some of the gold coloured ones I've used are good, but you can get the Verbatim silver printable discs on a 50 spindle for about $25 now so give them a go!

Actually, it's impossible to get a disk that has no errors on it during the burn process. They will all generate some errors, but often not serious enough to hear.