Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Carbbie for 355 Stroker

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
yeah.. Crane 304 but with EARLY heads (VL carb large valve heads)
that combo a bit grumpy (well lot grumpy until 3 and a bit, then it wakes up idles at 1200)
Ah okay, currently got VL heads on mine that arent great. I got some Commodore cup YT heads cheap off a guy from my car club. I'm pretty sure he said he knows you, his user name was DJ345 on streetcommodores.

They're good heads but have a couple of burnt valves so will need to be reco'd. Just tossing up whether to move to VN heads atm. If not I'll probably just stick a h226 in it and call it good until I build a new engine for it.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Ah okay, currently got VL heads on mine that arent great. I got some Commodore cup YT heads cheap off a guy from my car club. I'm pretty sure he said he knows you, his user name was DJ345 on streetcommodores.

They're good heads but have a couple of burnt valves so will need to be reco'd. Just tossing up whether to move to VN heads atm. If not I'll probably just stick a h226 in it and call it good until I build a new engine for it.

my VL heads are tickled a little :)

and DJ345? Damo is a mate of mine!
those heads... all that is left of his CC engine
went BANG in a big way at PI a year or so ago

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
my VL heads are tickled a little :)

and DJ345? Damo is a mate of mine!
those heads... all that is left of his CC engine
went BANG in a big way at PI a year or so ago
Yeah I got the heads, roller rockers and manifold really cheap. Cam was basically shattered and block was a mess haha. Thing made 170ish rwkw though which is a decent effort for a little 253!

I've been trying to convince him to put that nice stroker into the hq he's got too. Good bloke.

SLE Lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
Ok so i guess ill stick with the quaddie, any recommendations to a good place where i can get it re built in the morrabin / cheltenam area in
Melbourne ?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Nigel at the Carby shop in I think vermont got great wraps for a few of my mates with quaddies a couple of years back.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so i guess ill stick with the quaddie, any recommendations to a good place where i can get it re built in the morrabin / cheltenam area in
Melbourne ?

being in Moorabbin and a builder of quaddie carbs for me, I will not recomend myself
but
anyone who asks me to rebuild/reco/hipo their Quaddie I send to a mate.. a Quaddie guru
Steve at SMC Auto
7/2 Barry St, Bayswater VIC 3153
Phone: (03) 9720 5257

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh....and I forgot to mention, Steve has an advantage over me
a dyno.. ! to get the old Quaddie really humming on your engine :)!

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
being in Moorabbin and a builder of quaddie carbs for me, I will not recomend myself
but
anyone who asks me to rebuild/reco/hipo their Quaddie I send to a mate.. a Quaddie guru
Steve at SMC Auto
7/2 Barry St, Bayswater VIC 3153
Phone: (03) 9720 5257

he builds Quaddies for streeters and also has a steady stream of customers from the motorsport area

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Wow its a small world. I go past that shop every couple of weeks with work. Now explains the amount of cool cars out the front all the time haha.