Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best cheapo tyres?

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Haha, thanks Guys real definitive lol, but for real cheers for the input :)

SUSS8

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 Holden Calais VR V8
Cheers mate, so what is the deal would i buy these and take them to a tyre place to get them fitted, or order them through a tyre place?

Hey mate, Yeah you would buy them off ebay and they get delivered to you and just go to your local tyre place and get them fitted and balanced. Shouldnt charge you a hell of a lot to do though.

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
I just bought four 245/45/R18 "Rotalla" tyres from Tyrepower in SA, fitted and balanced for $730. It's for a 6 cyl WM that is just a daily driver, and so far they seem pretty good. A lot better price than the $400 odd EACH quoted by the local Bridgestone dealer for their recommended version.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
i use achilles atr sport tyres.look good,handle,long lasting,directional.use bridgestone tread pattern,best of all is price.try st george tyres online.

big wall

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
i got a set of cheap as tires for my ve calais v rims which are the same size. i got them for 137 each and thats fitted and balanced. they were great. but now that they only have around 60% tread left they are a death trap. good if you want to do burn outs, bad if ya go into a corner to quick :|

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
I am running Falken FK452 245/35 R20s and got them for $210 a tyre fitted and balanced. St George tyres are selling them on ebay for $190 a tyre.

They are an awesome tyre that I have on two different cars for the last 2 years. I got 40,000k on my ute and 36,000k on the VE.
They stick like **** to a blanket.

If you go to cheap you will end up with a poor tyre. I cant understand why people would put cheap and nasty tyres on there car. Its one of the main things on a car that keeps you alive!