Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best mods for vt v6?

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Do what you want with your car, mod what you want, I could care less. If you make false claims, I'll speak up.

Someone claimed "I came out at least $5k ahead and quite a bit quicker than a worked LS," which caught my attention. For $5000, I could do a tune, exhaust and cam change on a stock ls1. For an extra $500, I'd add an OTR and get 280rwkw/ easy 12's. Chuck in a 3.9 lsd diff and stall converter, then I'm considering 11's. I've got to wonder what someone coming out $5k ahead will be modding to be in front on the 1/4 mile run. All I ask is that people back up their claims.

What false claims have I made?

AS for having to back things up, how many events would you like me to post up showing track times and what place I came?

Last edited:

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Forget something?

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
No not all........ Did you?

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
I think URBTN will be thinking WTF !!! in my opinion.. v8's all day long, i do admire peoples efforts and individuality with different cars, but no matter who you are or how old you are, a built v8 with a 6-71 sticking out the bonnet is something to behold. and its also not about times down the quater, id rather see a dirty old impala do a 14s than a rx7 do a 9 sec pass..

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Not me....

Irukanji

101% Lunacy
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Exec LS1 A4
If it's about wank factor over practicality, I can't see the point. I mean, strap a jet engine to the same car and you can do the quarter in around 5 seconds, and the mile in a few seconds more. Quarter mile times are pointless from any kind of internal combustion engine. Considering the little oil-burning rotary with 1/7th the displacement can do it faster, it would make more sense to either improve the aerodynamics of the vehicle or find a better means of getting down the straight. Each to their own I guess, the drags are cool to watch if kind of pointless. Spending $50-100k+ on power and getting it to the ground then doing almost nothing to improve it's ability to slide through the air. It's like those little ricers chucking an oversize spoiler on their car for the wank factor without knowing the purpose of the spoiler they have on it, let alone the purpose of the other spoilers available(with the majority thinking it is for downforce, and a limited number thinking it is for reducing drag, and even fewer knowing it's pointless below normal city speeds[<120km/h]).

Then again I know some people who have grown up around that environment, building cars purely for the 1/4 mile, and they get great satisfaction from it so I can't really fault those who are doing something they enjoy. Plus I just got home from work and I'm going to start rambling about bs so yeah, peace :p