Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best pads for standard rotors - most cold bite

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I just put in DBA greens in my Redline yesterday so I shall give it a couple of weeks and report,$200 on epray,thought I’d go the lowest and work my way up.
Keep us posted

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
bestest ever 'cold bite ' pads are the ones Holden supply to Vicpol on all their cars
why? one of their brake test requirements is exactly that - cold brake 'bite'
The genuine Holden pad is the best the cops have found.

But its not all beer and skittles. Ever seen the front wheels of a Ve or Vf Commodore
used by the police? Can't see the wheel for the brake pad dust .... :eek:

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
bestest ever 'cold bite ' pads are the ones Holden supply to Vicpol on all their cars
why? one of their brake test requirements is exactly that - cold brake 'bite'
The genuine Holden pad is the best the cops have found.
But its not all beer and skittles. Ever seen the front wheels of a Ve or Vf Commodore
used by the police? Can't see the wheel for the brake pad dust .... :eek:

GM Holden Part no for these is 92457775.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Can't see the wheel for the brake pad dust ....

When I was at a dealer we were also pad slapping them every service. They don't last long when driven hard.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Ok re DBA green pads on Brembo callipers,after 200ks verdict is NO DUST,on the initial brake application is not near as grabby as the std pads,the DBAs are a lot more progressive and noticeably more pedal pressure for retardation from speed in comparison to std pads,do I like them? Well Very shortly I shall try the orange ones and going by the info on them they are better in bite at the initial brake application and pedal pressure,so hope they are an improvement that I’m looking for, I’d give the std pads 9/10 for bite and easy pedal pressure but dust is a big minus,the DBA greens I’d give a 7/10 but a sure winner in the dust test,Orange DBA stand by,over.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Ok re DBA green pads on Brembo callipers,after 200ks verdict is NO DUST,on the initial brake application is not near as grabby as the std pads,the DBAs are a lot more progressive and noticeably more pedal pressure for retardation from speed in comparison to std pads,do I like them? Well Very shortly I shall try the orange ones and going by the info on them they are better in bite at the initial brake application and pedal pressure,so hope they are an improvement that I’m looking for, I’d give the std pads 9/10 for bite and easy pedal pressure but dust is a big minus,the DBA greens I’d give a 7/10 but a sure winner in the dust test,Orange DBA stand by,over.

Looking forward to see what you think when you've tried both

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

Any news on this? It would be interesting to see if they live up to advertising as they are pricey

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Any updates on the orange vs green?

about to order

oztech007

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VE SSV 6.0t V8 A6 SEDAN
I've had the DBA orange XP pads on my SSV standard callipers and rotors for about 5 months now. Probably the best pads I have ever had.

I originally only put them on the front, and found the car braked very well, maybe to well that all the braking force was towards the front. I then bought rear ones as well to even out the braking force.
Very good cold and hot braking and initial bite is really good. I don't need to put the foot down hard to stop. Grabs really well worth light pressure. They are a bit dusty but it doesn't phase me. Best pads I've used and I would definitely buy them again.

Unsure if longevity though, being low metal and carbon fibre.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Same here. Have had orange on the front on stock rotors. Better cold bite than oem, bendix ultimates and a1rm's. Dusty, but less so than ultimates and a1rm's. I haven't punished them as yet, so not sure on super hot performance or longevity. I would think on Brembo's, having driven a Redline (stock pads), you wouldn't even need the bite of the orange. Certainly with stock brakes they give a better feel and more confidence than adding braided lines ever did.

Edit - orange on stock SS 2 piston fronts. Rotors are DBA t3 4000 slotted. New 4000's also were used for ultimate's and a1rms for comparisons sake.

Last edited: