Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best service ever

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
I know a lot of people bag dealers, but my last service at Hamilton Holden Adelaide was the best service I ever had (and I am an old fart so have had heaps). They fixed everything I asked to be fixed, they never tried to gouge me for Air conditioner cleans etc.most importantly they never overcharged me. The car has never driver better. Good on you Ben.

All5litres

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE Omega
Good to hear mate, Peter Page Holden could learn a bit from them....I wouldn't take a wheelbarrow there.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
What was the price / actual work did they do mantary?

dabons

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1
Holdens on Nth East Road at Greenacres were great until Mark left to go to another store.
Bad experience with Plaza Holden on Nth East Road after paying for a regular service they told me I needed to spend nearly $2k on various issues. Went straight to my usual mechanic and he went over the car and said never go back there again.

I still get my car log book serviced but will not go back to Holdens again. Unless ofcourse I find one that won't invent things that need replacing when it does not need it.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
I know a lot of people bag dealers, but my last service at Hamilton Holden Adelaide was the best service I ever had (and I am an old fart so have had heaps). They fixed everything I asked to be fixed, they never tried to gouge me for Air conditioner cleans etc.most importantly they never overcharged me. The car has never driver better. Good on you Ben.

Prob a good idea to mention it to them. They'll be happy to see you next time then too.

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Just a standard 60 k service but as you can be aware they can get carried away with extra's. Not after any special treatment, it was just nice to feel like they didn't bend you over the table, and to come away satisfied how the car ran. Unfortunately, this may be the exception to the rule, I hope not. The motor trade has such a bad reputation, it would be great if this was the standard.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
I've never gone back to Hamiltons after they failed (forgot) to replace the oil into engine after service. Fortunately I was in the habit of pulling the dip stick before driving off. They replaced the oil and didn't even apologise.

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Just for my later information, is there good local mechanic in the Glenelg area to do these cars?

elche

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina LPG
Homebush Holden - Everything they did, required a second visit, sometimes a third. gave up after the 7th visit.