Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best spark plugs and wires for ls2?

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
hi,

I never change spark plugs and wires before since I bought my car and now the odometer reading is 103000 km. Today, the engine became hard to start and after trying few times it started but with a rough idle. I was going to my work and when I stopped the engine was switched off by itself.

The codes were a lot about 7 or 8 codes. After hours of replacing parts from my brother's car, the problem was bad spark plugs and wires. Now I need new spark plugs and wires.

I'm considering replacing OEMs. what are you guys using on a basically stock LS2 motor?

I found these spark plugs and I don't know are they good or not.
NGK V-Power® Spark Plugs

NGK G-Power® Spark Plugs

NGK Laser Iridium® Spark Plugs

NGK Iridium IX® Spark Plugs

Spark plug wires;
MSD Ignition 32819 32813 Spark Plug Wire Set LS1 LS2 LS3 LS6 LS7 LS9 | eBay

MSD Ignition 32819 32813 Spark Plug Wire Set LS1 LS2 LS3 LS6 LS7 LS9 | eBay

Please help me decide which one is the best for my LS2.

Last edited:

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Use genuine parts.

Lowerd

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV Ute
I cant remember which plugs I used (can look if you need) but I did get a set of 8mm MSD leads which aside from looking much cooler run like a dream. $130nz out of the states when I did it. no doubt prob no gain over stock?

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Used OEM plugs from Summit and NGK 8.5mm leads for my LS1

Happy enough with them, the NGK's came with heat shields on them.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Multi spark coils from MSD are also just as much of a wank. OEM are more reliable long term!

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
That's because eveyone all over the net, magazines and workshops say nothing beats the genuine parts. Even MSD have zero gain and won't last as long as the genuine gear

That maxim is true to only to the extent that GM original parts are only as good as the OEM company supplying to GM, in this case that would be NGK, which are like $2 each for copper. Totally recommend them, copper is the best I've found.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
That's because eveyone all over the net, magazines and workshops say nothing beats the genuine parts. Even MSD have zero gain and won't last as long as the genuine gear
Yeah it was one of the main things that kept coming up time and time again when i was researching the LS1.
Can't argue with a fact , a number of plugs add a lot of wank value
Yeah true but i can see where people do feel a bit sad as its not a super upgrade when stock is the best. I mean in a car modifying world its like being told modifying doesn't all ways makes things better and everyone's world crashes.