Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Sway Bar

D

death-from-above

I remember a while ago there was a discussion about sway bars and wether or not they make a difference. I have decided to get one ( so dont bother arguing that the make little to no difference). I just would like to know what are some good brands for reasonable places and where to get them from.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome Back DFA ;)

I think you mean a strut brace bloke, I remember a thread going into a few pages of for and againest back in the old days of JC's.

<<Whiteline>> would be the most trusted brand if you want to purchase one.

D

death-from-above

Oh yeah, whoops Strut Brace. I should really proof read what i written. But thats just too much work. And yes thats the thread i was talking about.

If I remember correctly someone said that Holden make one to fit the VS?

Parsout

Reaction score
Website
www.parsout.com
I just thought i'd post a bit on this.. :) Just me 2 cents.

If you've got the money, go for both - strut brace and sway bar (even a whole kit) - i have (nearly) a full whiteline kit on my car now (except for their strut cartridges, shocks and springs which are my own choice of each) and it makes a HUGE difference. I had the chance just last weekend on the COCC cruise to really test out my baby, and i have to say I am impressed when i look in my rear vision mirror watching a big V8 catching up to me, then as soon as we hit some bends or sweepers that same big v8 disappears back around the corners!

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I made my own strut brace and overkilled the thickness of metal I used and I could tell the difference straight away.....the car stayed more stable on corners especially if there were bumps through the arc of thre corner.

N

nofords

Does anyone have or have seen a rear strut brace on a commodore?? I think thats what they call them cause they are the same as the front ones's but just on the rear of the car in the boot..

D

death-from-above

Well I bought a whiteline strut brace, $110, and an adjustable panhard rod, $135, (for future lowering) and yet to get her around some corners to feel the difference (i painted my ecotec cover black with green letering and waiting to put it back in before instaling). I'll post some pics if anyone is interested in seeing it. Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone has opinions on whiteline shocks and springs. I was going to go with king springs with HSV struts from the shop but thought that i might stick with a whole whiteline suspension set up.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Stick with whiteline now that you've started. They're track tested and make for a very tight, yet drivable package.

I remember a friends VS auto V6 with the complete whiteline package. Sitting on yokohama A539's it could absolutely dust another friends 5 speed VS Senator through the twisty bits. The HSV would be fish tailing out of the apex and the little V6 that could would be 500m up the road.

Under controlled conditions of course :p

MY_95_VS

Drifting Champion...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6
Just wondering if anyone has heard of, or has a "Nolathane" branded strut brace. Someone was telling me that bang for buck they are extremely good value... Can get a strut brace for $95 and sway bar for $100... Any thoughts??? I was going to go with whiteline, but if no-one says dont, then i will go Nolathane...