Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Value For Money Amp?

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Hook them up and let us know. I can't see anything wrong with it.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
i think personally you could spend more on the speakers, and less on the amp. For $130 speakers, you'd be better off trying to find some ex-demo gear, or even something used if it's still in good nick. Same goes for the amp. When your on this tight of a budget, you want the most out of your dollar. I think if you were too hold off for a little while, and shop around, you will find a much better deal somewhere.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Well he already bought it, if he doesn't like it when its hooked up then we can advise him on an upgrade.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Well, i paid $99 for the speakers (NEW) and $25 for the amp which is second hand, but its pristine. I thought that was a bloody good deal.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Oh okay, i thought you were looking at new amps, makes a bit more sense now too, because i was wondering when you asked about the quality difference between 2 amps, an Alpine, and whatever the other one was..Otherwise, yeah that's a pretty good deal

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Oh okay, i thought you were looking at new amps, makes a bit more sense now too, because i was wondering when you asked about the quality difference between 2 amps, an Alpine, and whatever the other one was..Otherwise, yeah that's a pretty good deal

Yeah sorry mate, its second hand. I bought it on ebay, and there are heaps of second hand quality amps for sale, thats why i was wondering the difference in quality between an alpine and an audioline, lol. Im glad i chose the alpine. :thumbsup:

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Hey guys this will sound stupid,because i know nothing about audio, the fusion speakers i got say the RMS power is 70. Does that mean 70 all up or 70 for each speaker? Im just wondering because the RMS power of the amp i got is 50x2, so that equals 100 RMS right? So this amp should be good for these speakers?

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
70 for each speaker. That amplifier is fine mate. You could obviously get an amplifier with more power but we will help you with that when you cross that bridge.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Cool, thanks Joe.