Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best way to increase ride height?

2000VXberlinaDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX berlina 4 speed auto 3.8 litre sedan
Hi lads and ladies, can you tell me what the ride height of a 2000 vx commodore berlina with standard suspension should be (in centimetres?) and whether there are two particular places of the vehicle (at the back and front?) that it is measured at? i think my vx is sagging as it keeps scraping things and i think it is because the suspension is old and tired. any tips much appreciated.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Hi lads and ladies, can you tell me what the ride height of a 2000 vx commodore berlina with standard suspension should be (in centimetres?) and whether there are two particular places of the vehicle (at the back and front?) that it is measured at? i think my vx is sagging as it keeps scraping things and i think it is because the suspension is old and tired. any tips much appreciated.
Forget ride height mate, if the suspension is old and tired as you say then you need to replace it as step one.

2000VXberlinaDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX berlina 4 speed auto 3.8 litre sedan
Forget ride height mate, if the suspension is old and tired as you say then you need to replace it as step one.
well, it would be interesting to know the figures because then i would know numerically just how bad the sagging actually is. but i kind of agree with you as well.

Horacehighroller

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY2010 Int VE11 Omega LY7 LPG Statesman 09 LY7
well, it would be interesting to know the figures because then i would know numerically just how bad the sagging actually is. but i kind of agree with you as well.
Normally measured from the highest part of the wheel arch to the bottom of the rim (not tyre).
(Don't know any numbers though.)

Horacehighroller

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY2010 Int VE11 Omega LY7 LPG Statesman 09 LY7
I know I should be banned for asking this, but on a recent trip I found my car to be to low for some dirt roads.

Is there some thing quick and easy I can do to change the ride height when I need to (once every 3months or so). I don't want anything permanent, or anything that cost 5k to put in like airbags.

Would changing to 20" steel rims help with the height much?
What about the air shocks from a caprice?