Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best windscreen wipers?

CHARGEDVT

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' VTII S pack super6
What have you guys found to be the best windscreen wipers for the VT? My wipers have always been crap, so im looking for a top quality wiper to finally do a good job.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
very good question. Bosch seem to be good.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Yeah I had ones that were always noisy, you know flip flap but the last ones I put on were ideal, really quiet and do a good job, but I forget if they're Aunger or Bosch.:bang:

valakis_vx

The Juggernaught Bitch!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 M6
ive got some bosch ones, i replaced the blade and the arm and they wonders, very silent but for 30 bucks a side theyd wana be!

nathan549

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt II s pack
i dono what brand mine are, (same on the car wen i bought it) but there damn good :D

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
I had to replace the ones on my VP, and the supercheap I went into only had those stupid coloured Aunger ones. Worst pair of wiper blades I ever bought, they squeek, they squeel and they jump and thud against the windscreen. The only time they are silent is if the car is submerged in water. Couldn't get rid of them fast enough. I hope no one else experienced the same thing with them.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
I use OEM Trico. They work really well and are silent in operation. Although in saying this, it depends on the condition of your windscreen to a degree with regards to them grabbing and jumping about also.

Trico are OEM on alot of Holdens and people sometimes don't change blades for years but then they go out and buy a cheap as, ugly looking bright silicone ones that are cr#p. Why not spend a little bit of time and wonder why manufacturers blades lasted so long in the first place....probably because they were half decent items.

So if you have had a set of blades on your commodore from new and its been a few years and they seem to be okay still, but you just want a brand new set, then why not go to Kmart or the like and buy another set of Trico premium metal backed blades and you will see that for the cost of approx $10 each or thereabouts, they are a decent product.

It just amazes me why people don't realise that things like wipers are a necessity and not a fashion statement and going cheap just doesn't cut it.

I have never used Bosch, but if they are $30 a side, then I couldn't and wouldn't justify them for that price unless somehow they can last 3 times longer and perform 3 times better than Trico, but I doubt that.