Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beware of doors self locking with keys inside

VCoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais SW LS3 MY16
When the car was stopped and engine not running; I experienced today that while the keys were in the car (console area), and after exiting (with all 4 doors shut but unlocked), after some time talking next to the car the tailgate of the wagon was opened to remove items and then as closed I heard a single click noise as all doors/tailgate locked.
With the keys within the car auto locking should not have happened (told by Holden dealer 'this occasionally occurs'); no horn warning occurred which is the norm if the key fob is left within the car. RACQ was needed for access.
I noticed my iPhones Mylink Bluetooth settings/identity had disappeared which needed reinstalling. Assume some sort of system reset occurred since just having the alarm go off should not have changed/removed Mylink settings. My radio software was updated in May to the latest version.
The message here is beware when the keys are inside the car; don't trust the car will not self-lock even if you are just loading/unloading from the cargo area.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Good advice. Another reason to always keep your keys in your pocket and don't leave them inside the car!

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Yep. Heard about that happening recently with a recent model Toyota.

Car says: "you're screwed."

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Self locking is something that can be enabled via MyLink under the car settings section?
It rings a bell, but if it is we’ve not got it enabled.

M

mwb235

I disable the auto door locks on my VF. I reckon it will just wear out the locking actuators. Not sure but if the car can still lock itself if I left key inside it etc. I’ll make sure I don’t get caught out.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I have my set to auto lock, but not to auto unlock. Have a look in the vehicle setting in MyLink and set them to however you want.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Should it autolock with the key inside a press of the drivers door button will surely unlock it, as the transponder is in range??

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
My work Ranger done this to me once. Lucky i had the drivers window down.
Probably unlucky i had the window down. I was on double time and would have just sat there and waited for someone to open the car for me. :D

H

harrop.senator

Happens with a lot of new cars one of the boys got grilled the othet day for putting a car on the hoist and not leaving the drivers window down. Toyota the worst factory settings a 30 sec Time out.

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
My vf s2 wagon has done this like 3 times to me. so I have turned off the auto lock function but it is strange as it only seems to happen on the wagon and not on the sedan.

Holden were also no help they told me they are not sure why it happens or how to fix it.