Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beyond the Pigpen

If you think Monstar's Ban was an overreaction vote Yes! If you want JC just for "Yes men" vote No.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Nothing wrong with heated debate and a bit of excitement. It's been pretty dull around here in the past couple of years. Looks like most of the heroes have shifted their focus to Facebook groups.

Thinking of which, anybody heard from csp lately?

my albeit ex, coppers instinct leads me to believe he may have morphed into Zeke .

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Based on % of respondents, this poll is the strongest Yes vote all week.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
my albeit ex, coppers instinct leads me to believe he may have morphed into Zeke .
You really think so? Csp/Rajesh/Sheldon was quite literate and actually had the ability to articulate his point of view - quite different to Zeke...

If he's trying to put it on, he's done a good job imo.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I’ve been in two minds about lodging a vote.

I like reading his posts and found some to be very informative but I also thought some were overly dogmatic where there were obvious alternatives to his opinion and he could have acknowledge that and gave a bit of ground.

Personally I didn’t find his posts offensive but I could see at times he was more than happy to engage in demeaning other member’s contributions and I also do get the fact when a verbal scuffle breaks out it takes two to tango.

As a whole I feel his positive contribution outweighed the negative and I would vote for his return but for the fact I don’t know what triggered the ban.

I don’t vote or form a strong opinion on anything when I’m blind to the facts.

That's the engineer in me, research both sides of the argument and form an opinion and in this case I can’t.

Knowing he’ll be back makes it easy for me to accept the moderator’s ruling and I’m sure the forum will survive for a while without him as there are still some knowledgeable people here plus a little bit of a search will find most topics have been covered.

With or without him it’s still imperative when seeking advice on all internet forums for the member to research the info/opinions they are given and Monstar’s advice was no exception.

I can see Cuda’s point in seeking a reason and a possible reversal but I can also understand unless we become Moderators we aren’t the ones who have to deal with what’s happening in the background and maybe this is just a form of controlling a situation before it becomes obviously out of hand to all of us.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
I’ve been in two minds about lodging a vote.

Me too.

I've also been in two minds about commenting.

My take is this:- forums aren't democracies.

Somebody sets them up.

Somebody runs them.

The rest of us come and go as it suits us.

Whilst I don't for a minute think that mods (on any forum) get it right every time I figure that reflects life.

There ain't no perfect.

I don't know the circumstances around monstar's demise an tbh I'm not that interested.

I find his posts informative and haven't had any reason to think of him other than as a contributing member.

However, I don't read all the threads and I'm not a mod.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I'm convinced by these ^^ two posts too. I have very similar thoughts. I disagree with the ban of anyone on the basis of what I am privy to here. But, I'm not privy to much. I totally respect the mods rights to take action when needed. They act as they see fit, applying the rules. It's the whistleblowers approach I don't like. Playground dibber dobber stuff. Harden up lads. If you're that peeved with someone, at least have the goolies to tell them.
TBH, this thread was partly tongue in cheek. I admit, I'm a born stirrer. I look for fun in most things. The humour in my initial post may have been lost in the process? Dunno. But, it was also as a bit of a show of support for a cyber mate. Who, prima facie seemed to have copped the sharp end of the stick. Notwithstanding his regular stouches.

The fun is over. Moving on.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Shows over Mods. Thanks for your indulgence. Feel free to lock or delete. If that's even a thing?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Before this thread is closed. I'm the one who voted indifferent and I've had my share if disagreement with Monstar. instead of snitching, I did exactly what Cuda suggested and told Monstar on the forum that I thought he was an arrogant prick.

I CBF reading his half page techno stuff because it's of absolutely no interest to me. I gave away car mods and performance improvements years ago. I stay on the forum for general interest and the occasional input to help others or offer a comment. If Monstar returns, it won't be a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.