Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Big Rims!

Whts the best size mag for a commodore?

• 16"

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 17"

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • 18"

Votes: 28 68.3%

• Total voters

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
I was just wondering whats the biggest size mag wheel u can go on a Vr commodore with out any changes to the car at the moment im looking at Size: 235/40R18

Im hoping these will fit as im thinking monaro GTO rims would look wicked on my car.

Attachments

• ae_1_b.jpg
    ae_1_b.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 701

8your8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP EXECTIVE SERIES II (5 SPEED)
Hay Dude My Mate Put 20's On His Vr, All He Had 2 Do Was Roll Da Gaurds.

H

HyPoVr

Mate I had a set of XHP saber 19's on my VR and it was rough as guts. I'm sittin on 17's now and its much better. Unless you live in an area where you've got perfectly smooth roads all the time (unlike Hervey Bay) then your best stickin to 17's. Within 3 months I'd replaced 2 struts and just about every bush you can imagine before i got sick of it and got rid of them

KILLERVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
17"s are the way to go champ. Look great on VR/VS and you'll save money every time on new tyres (compared to 18''s)

55yko

What ur driving style like?, because there is one thing afffording the rims, the other is affording the rubber... now im running 17's and good rubber is around the $200 - $250 mark for 235/45/r17's , that goes up on the order of about $100 for every inch u increase ur rim diameter, ie 18's is about 300-350 for good rubber.......

thats my 2c, on rubber, back on topic...

18's look nice, this also depends on how low ur car is as well...... 18's are not practical on ym car, as my zorst flange is only 103mm of the ground, and well u know, grinding noise are rather common these days :S

17's are the way to go as far as im concerned, there cheaper, look good, cheaper rubber, and just more practical, if u want to see my car with 17's pm for a pic ok....

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
17"s! keep some of that tirewall diameter for the rough stuff
[ kerbs roads and drifting! :p ]

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
From an insurance point of view you can only go 2inches bigger than factory.. so if you got a vs i assume you got 15"s so 17" would be right... but 19" would look heaps better :)

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold for scrap :(
Well 17"s, 18"s are pushing it, and 19"s and 20"s are just to much

Nothing bigger then 17's" on a commodore 18" are pushing it,at least from the VS down, otherwise you might as well go get yourself a rice burner with all the fully sick chrome, VT up maybe but still think it look yggaw.
Unless if came out with 19" or 20" I wouldn't get em, even if I was loaded and money wasn't a issue.
The only setup I see is worth doing is just 17" with airbag susp
that way you have a nice ride high when your driving, and when you park you slam it on it ass and when people walk by there like WTF how low is that how the F**K can it drive hahaha, looks nice as too and your not paying a forture for rubber or rims and if ya wanna go over a bump you can jack the car up a bit to so if you have a aftermarket front bar this will save your bucks in the long run

Last edited:
R

rattattack1313

Couldn't tell you , mate...but me son is lending me his 17 inch Tri-mags for the Supercheap gig..(so he damn well should, too !!! )...(they were $170 a tyre.....) will post a few pix up after that happens.... :D

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
ive seen the rims, clean rims they are, they look good!