Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Big Rims!

Whts the best size mag for a commodore?

• 16"

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 17"

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • 18"

Votes: 28 68.3%

• Total voters
P

phracta

18" for sure. mines lowered only a little and has no body kit cuz i like stock bodies. i got 18" and it handles like its on rails, best thing i ever did. i believe its the overall diameter that is important and if you have 18" with 235/40 rubber, you don't touch the guards on a vs and and the rolling diameter is the same as normal tyres. I believe 19" and above is when your rolling diameter starts getting larger.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Trust me, go 18"s. I've got 17"s and htey just don't quite fill the guards like a set of 18"s would...

C

cameron boyle

18's do the job

i have cv8 monaros on mine and they fit beautifully and ride beautifully, dont go cheap on tyres because the cheap ones wear a lot quicker and you will be replacing them in half the time

Attachments

• Image(620).jpg
    Image(620).jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 267

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
cameron boyle said:
i have cv8 monaros on mine and they fit beautifully and ride beautifully, dont go cheap on tyres because the cheap ones wear a lot quicker and you will be replacing them in half the time

i always thought the cheaper tires had a harder compound so they lasted longer but werent as grippy. unless thats only 15" and 16"s..

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
legally you can only 2 inches bigger so if it came out with 15 go to 17 and if she came out with 16 go 18
if your tyre plaquard says 15 and you have 18's on instant defect

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
how about having 19's on that list??????????????????????
jafo said:
legally you can only 2 inches bigger so if it came out with 15 go to 17 and if she came out with 16 go 18
if your tyre plaquard says 15 and you have 18's on instant defect
cant you just get a engineer's cert? not many cops bother with that sorta stuff though.

R

roknu

true if my grange came out stock on 17's technically that would mean i could run 19's. It all depends on the rims you buy really. If you get a set of rims that only have a small flange around the outter rim of the wheel the spokes seem to come out further and look bigger than they are. My mates vq statesman sits on 18's but when you see it youd be convinced its on 19's. As for my preference 18's are the way to go, im running 18" all round and the handling is superb compared to running it on 17's.

d_neo_b

Tires A-Blazing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
i also have my vr sittin on 18" and its great i did notice a little bit rougher of a ride but still love the feel and look of the car i have the same rims that are in the top pic but not chrome, they look mad as

C

cameron boyle

lowering

AKII1R said:
cameron how much hav u lowered ur ride? mags look great!

shes not lowered yet it will come eventually after some new rear tyres.

and as for the 2inch rule i have heard its bullshit, maybe we should send it to mythbusters haha