Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BigDaddyCool VZ Executive - Brisbane

Like, Dont Like?

• Total voters

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
ahhhhh......... i see where you get it from..... the apple dosent fall far from the tree. its not to my tase but each to their own. the only opinion that matters is your own. ( im a fast and furious fan boy lol)

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
I have to agree with the others - the stickers look incredibly tacky, otherwise it looks nice.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Nah my dad decided to buy a VZ after I got mine....... and he's restored tones of cars etc, so he just decided to do a custom paint job on it after it was rebuild, wanted to look different.

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
Remove the stickers and lower it a bit more and you'll have a very nice car.......still not sure about your Dad's one though.....

kalekale

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
did you spend 5 grand on the exhaust or is that just like the retail price?

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
well probably more then 5k as I changed it 3 times originally and then altered it another 3 times......... reason being first 3 times I couldn't get the sound right, then I got pacers and it changed it again.......... so I had some work done, then with my dyno my stock cats kept causing catalyst overtemp to kick in (not to mention the speed bump issue etc) ........ so I had hi-flows fitted, again changing sound so I had some more work done to fix it etc........

You can imagine.... I'm happy with it now, but I think having a twin outlet would give more top end but I dont really care about that. It's staying how it is, it's been a nightmare to get the right sound.... and performance.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
agreed with most the comments on this, lose the SS induction stickers specifically because to me thats boasting a V8...which you dont have and will likely get you into trouble if someone in a V8 wants to race lol...n yes..lose the black strips down the side aswell, good work to see somebody put so much effort in..each to their own...but your dads car..wow...."rice rice baby"

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
the intake, i'm 100% unsure if's a pro or con with what I did honestly. If you remove the TB you'll see there's a U shaped ditch inside the front........ what I did was got a really big strong drill bit and smoothed our the surrounding walls and turned the U shaped ditch into more of a O so it's nice and smooth......... same with the rear of the ditch i've smoothed the top of that out..... probably took bout 3 mm off each side of the U shaped ditch and 1mm off the surround walls. Without a dyno to prove any results ....... I cant say. I'm neither here nor there with feeling any difference when driving it. Took me about an hour to do..... But....... I think off hand from various runs and scans I get higher then normal reported cyclinder air flow at the top end and at various mid range etc.

BTW. That dodgy intake pipe i've rigged up I'm now of the opinion it's going to stay. It's solved what I thought it might which is the draw back from the pod, having more space near the TB prevents a loss of vaccume in there. Much like alot of new cars have air resonators so air is ready on demand it has a similar effect.

So i'm gunna get someone to make me a dead smooth pipe to replace it at the same angle......... it's 72-74mm at the bend at present compared to the stock intake being 66-68mm at the final bend. I've found it's help reduce knocking in my engine which I suspect is from lack of airflow and too much fuel coming off onto throttle.... When I got my SS Inductions my Knocking when from averaging 6 degree's to 10.4's straight away in spots.

Either way for me, it works........ so I'll be sticking with it but having something proper made up. Now I can go back to focusing on tuning and power compared to trying to solve this obserd knocking issue i've had for a while.

PS. This might be a laughable thing but...... i'm pretty sure having a larger pipe at a bit more of a wider/longer bend ads a tad more torque without the draw back of having to wait for power (eg. with pods sometimes the air takes a second to really kick in properly)

Last edited:

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
Hahahahahaha!
Biggest mock ever.
I bet those painted engine covers and fake carbon fibre wipers help you rip v8's "off the lights"
Oh hang on you haven't got TC your going to wheel spin every where! OH NOES>!
And wtf, riceburner stickers? Please.