Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bikie gangs - outlaws or misunderstood ?

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

just a point for discussion that I've been thinking about for a while now. Latest news above certainly doesn't look good for bikie gangs. Qld Premier is now said to be putting together new bikie laws that could be the strictest in the world

we've all seen the media headlines, bikies brawling, drive-by shootings, gang wars, public brawling, apparent links to the drug underworld, nasty confrontations with the police etc

obviously there's clear evidence that this stuff goes on. But are bikie gangs in general being demonised by the press in a similar manner to car enthusiasts where the media only chooses the extreme side of our hobby or 'hoon' behaviour ?

I haven't formed an outright opinion - as a car enthusiast I know how the press can easily manipulate/brainwash the general public to think what they want, we are victims ourselves of this. On the other hand, it's difficult to ignore news supported by video where bikie gangs do appear to be getting dangerously out of hand...

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Most people who share some of their sentiment (myself included) on the western world still abide by common decency and have a regard for life and quality of said life. I don't care about the drugs, guns or other less than legal means they make an income by, it's the attitude and the intimidation tactics they use on law enforcement and the general public that piss me off. I'm from Adelaide so this media circus is nothing new, they just decided to report on it cos it's been migrating to the east coast over the last decade.

I don't see any good coming from the mix of us and them. All things must come to an end, squeeze em hard, get them to shoot back and STAR Force the **** out of them.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
cant say i have much sympathy for bloke in your video darren. those type of things come with the job.

Shots fired at Dandenong tattoo parlour

A bitter war between bikie gangs may have spilled from New South Wales into Victoria

i got no problem with guys who love cruising their Harley in a group. **** i love the noise from 20-40 bikes hammering it past. and i also got no problem with them killing each other off. but when you throw a petrol bomb with shrapnel only metres from a children's play centre.. well in all honesty, im just disappointed.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Bikies are taking over from where the old mafia left off. Many are nothing more than organized crime with a trade mark and uniforms.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
As far as I know theyre one of the better groups, they dont just go around robbing and bashing innocent people, when have you ever heard "I was minding my own business then a bikie bashed me for no reason" never, we could have way worse "gangs" in Australia

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
shoot to kill

lol i pictured this

Machine-Gun.gif

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Don't have a problem with bikies or bikie gangs. I do have a problem with criminals and organized crime. Don't mix the two up.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Bikies are taking over from where the old mafia left off. Many are nothing more than organized crime with a trade mark and uniforms.

And cooked goodies

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Don't have a problem with bikies or bikie gangs. I do have a problem with criminals and organized crime. Don't mix the two up.

this is quite true.

so the old folks who just love to have a beer or 2 and go for a sunday cruise on the Harleys are now criminals?
hell they don't even have to be old, just need to enjoy their bikes.
my mechanic loves his bikes, and they do an annual ride for charity and they make an absolute fortune, not once has it been in the papers even though it does so much good.

basically go for the criminal ones, but don't put all the other good people in the same basket.