Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black 04 VY SS

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Haha it was close. The fuel econ kept jumping around bloody digital thing i always work it out by calculator anyway its never 100% accurate :)

10 minutes later :(

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yesterday I bought a new pair of headlight globes, I got Phillips X-treme ones, there only a bit brighter and whiter than the standard ones but i only changed one at night before i went out to compare and its a pretty big difference, Although i feel like a real idiot trying to change the parkers, Because the kit came with new ones. I was taking the highbeam light out and trying to pull it apart Thinking it looked different but it was just a new style in a newer car. Because when at Autobarn the guy was telling me its definatly a H4 globe but its a matter on the parkers setup. Anyways i didn't get it done last night.

This morning with a bit more light and messaging a couple of people via facebook i realised that the stick beneith the headlight was actually for the parkers. FARKING stupid. black car black stick it didn't stand out. Well thats my idiotic excuse anyway Haha. Got to try the lights out on the open road I Sat next to a VT which I'm gathering had standard lights and I could definallty tell mine were brighter.

Going to get a few things ready for the Drags. I've been offered a pair of slicks to use but I'm not going to bother as I want to get some wheel spin doing a burnout before even if it means I rip up my Expensive Toyo tyres. Always a good spell burnout rubber :p Now i just need to make sure I have someone taking some shots :p I have the mechanic from my work coming with me so I think he will get some and a video and I'll be happy :)

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
So i didn't end up going to the drags it was canceled because of the weather :( but because I already paid I've been transferred to the meet thats on, on the 27th of this month :)

The weather being horrible at the moment is just upsetting, as I've hosed the car down at the car wash a few times just to get the bulk of the crap if it, but everything else builds back on it easy So the car actually looks like a silver now its that dirty :( Makes me depressed.

Currently of work because I'm sick so I'm looking over the days I've been looking at different things i can get for the car. I want to get another Leather cleaner and scrub the **** out of it and see how well it really can come up. the stuff I've got seems to be ok. But my drivers seat is still glossy and the stuff I'm using isn't taking the dirty gloss effect of it. So I'm looking into other leather cleaners to help get some of that **** off and see how we go.

What leather cleaners do people on here use?

I also got a new windscreen ended up with a scratch somewhere along the line last week so i managed to claim it on the insurance and i get one free a year so thats all sorted.

I'm not 100% but I'm thinking about starting again with my exhaust system from the cat backs. My cars are Hi-flow. The current system is all one piece nothing is bolted on. I'm thinking of a twin system again with a cross over on it this time and no hot dog just 1 big muffler on each pipe in the middle and the rest straight through and if its too low maybe a couple of smaller mufflers at the back not 100% sure I've been talking to a couple of people who do exhausts.

I'm not sure if i want stainless steel or mild steel though.

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS + VY exec + Vs wagon

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did you buy it online or can you buy it instore somewhere?

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
So today i was out for a bit (off work with bronchitis great in the cold) I went too BOSS, the diff builder in lonsdale and got him to have a listen to my car as it makes a whining sound when driving Wasn't sure it was bearing or what, also asked about the LSD if it can be shimmed or what..

He came for a drive and has a listen and said its the Diff Gears. He said its something that can happen with them its not an odd thing to happen it is a common thing. He said the Diff can't be shimmed you cant shim them, he just said there a **** LSD and thats what it comes down too. We were talking about replacement of the LSD, and he was telling me TRUTRAC is what people are converting too from the LSD's I was wondering if anyone on here runs one?

He game me a price Putting a Truetrac, New diff gears, either standard or 3,46 or 3.7s and a bearing kit for $1800.

He said ultimately if i want to just Replace the gears its going to cost the same in labour doing that as it would by doing the whole lot just pay the extra for parts for different gears and the Trutrac

He said don't do 3.9s because its an auto and i do a bit of highway driving. he seems to think more 3.46 would be the way to go.

if anyone can share some opinions that would be great :)

mark_1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Clubsport
I've been working 12 hours shifts lately so i've been going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark so i haven't really noticed how dirty my car was until i came home today as 3pm, and yep, being black it's filthy too, and it's always worse behind the wheel arches where all the dirty water gets flicked up off the road onto your car. I wish i could get time off work lol, consider yourself lucky!

Dude, get a Manta exhaust, you won't regret it. I love the sound of mine. I read lots about people changing their diff gears but i'm always concerned it's going to make my exhaust drone with the changing of the rpms at different speeds :/

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
What your diff guy said is pretty spot on.
The True trac definitely the way to go if want a better limited slip.
If you go 3.9 gear sets they can have a tendency to whine, even the genuine GM ones if not set up perfect.
If you do a lot of highway driving then 3.46 is a bit more cruisey.
I recently tried 3.73 in the senator with a small cam & heads in my LS2 which is very torquey and found they just had the car revving more on the highway with no real acceleration advantage because of the extra torque of the small cam.
If you are running a bigger cam that requires a stally then 3.73's might be the go.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've been working 12 hours shifts lately so i've been going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark so i haven't really noticed how dirty my car was until i came home today as 3pm, and yep, being black it's filthy too, and it's always worse behind the wheel arches where all the dirty water gets flicked up off the road onto your car. I wish i could get time off work lol, consider yourself lucky!

Dude, get a Manta exhaust, you won't regret it. I love the sound of mine. I read lots about people changing their diff gears but i'm always concerned it's going to make my exhaust drone with the changing of the rpms at different speeds :/

I'll have the Diff done before I do zorst now lol. But before that I'm going to get it polished and waxed. In a couple of weeks so it looks nice and pretty and this shitty weather doesn't stick as bad too it :(

Who do people use for detailing in adelaide?