Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black bonnet on a white VS

NeilVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VX Executive V6
Okay. My latest little itch is to get a black bonnet on my white VS, which currently has no body kit, except for a GTS wing on the back (Planning on getting a full VT clubby kit). Im thinking in my head it'll look either awesome or like I hit a roo and couldn't get white replacement bonnet. I'd love to see it before I fork out for something that might turn out looking crap. And believe it or not, I cant find one on Google.

Any opinions would be great, but if anyone has photo's, that'd be greater.

Cheers.

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
it would look crap and tacky as said above..

ehh..carbon fibre looka-like, no thanks.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
yeah im with the others and think it wont look good.

Unless you want your car to look like all the skylines out there that have black bonnets in an attempt to claim a carbon fibre hood.

Its not for me anyway, but at the end of the day its not my decision what you do. If you think you like it, go for it:thumbsup:

SlyVR

Fo'sizzle....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wags
as this is a open thread about opionins.. black bonnet would look a bit doddgy because of the pure fact of drifting is normally ment by a black bonnet, however with a body kit it may look good... all i can guess is that you want to try it put the body kit on and then photoshop... but apart from that prepare for people laughing as you drive past.

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
IMHO it will look like you crashed it and got a replacement panel and haven't bothered painting it.

Black bonnets originated in rally, and extended to historic racing (way before drifting) to help stop sun glare - nowadays I reckon it's done for w*** factor (serious cars I know with carbon fibre panels paint them the same colour as the car)

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
yea, will look too much like a wannabe drifter IMHO. I think commos look better without any rear spoiler too. Do a photoshop job and stick it up here, then ask what people think? dare i say, you probably wont have many fans. But hey, its your car!

shumway

Son of satan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 6/71 blown and injected 355 V6
all i can say is if you want to turn your car into a rice burner look-a-like,buy a god damn shushi rocket, and stop thinking of ways to destroy the good looks of a commodore:bang: :bang: :bang:

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
I'd say loose the wing fit a nice bodykit and get a carbon fibre bonnet and paint it white