Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black holden vf badge

What is the more popular option matte black or gloss black for the holden badge?

• Matte

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Gloss

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

Stuart_oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SV6 Black Manual
I bought my VF SV6 Black Edition brand new and opted for black Holden badges on grill and boot and they are gloss black. Thats how the factory did it.

Stuart_oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SV6 Black Manual
Heres the pic of gloss badge

Attachments

• 20190403_133051.jpg
    20190403_133051.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 390

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Remember the turn-of-century trend for gold badges? That disappeared pretty quickly. For the same reason I'm keeping all my badges stock... but each to their own :)

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I debadged my car and found two holes in the boot lid, so bought the smallest gloss badge I could find to cover them, after taping the inside of the metal panel where the holes are.

Attachments

• 6C898477-CD16-4F1F-A85B-8229E4E250AA.jpeg
    6C898477-CD16-4F1F-A85B-8229E4E250AA.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 508

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Voodoo V6 which ones are they off?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I debadged my car and found two holes in the boot lid, so bought the smallest gloss badge I could find to cover them, after taping the inside of the metal panel where the holes are.
I like that

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6

Ooby Dooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Redline Sportswagon
Hey Robbo, I've recently changed all the badges on my 17Redline wagon to gloss black.
Originally bought a set of matte (ebay), but the grille badge looked out of place against the (Phantom Black?) gloss of the grille.

Got a gloss set (ebay), but decided wasn't 100% happy with how the grille badge didn't have the original clips attached - it has double sided tape.
A non-issue for most, but I'm pretty fussy & didn't like the look of the thin layer of foam tape edge between the badge & grille mounting face (1-2mm), plus I didn't want any hassles with it possibly peeling up/off after many years - planning on keeping it for a loong time :p.

After much procrastination, ended up buying a new genuine chrome one for $40 (I marked the original getting it off). Had that painted gloss black @ a local motorbike repairer for $40. Result = way better finish & durability than I could have ever achieved myself with spray pack for $80.

Clipped it in & it looks sweet as, nice & tight all around. Just a suggestion, having recently been down that route :) Cheers

Robbo1999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY14 Sports Sedan
Hey Robbo, I've recently changed all the badges on my 17Redline wagon to gloss black.
Originally bought a set of matte (ebay), but the grille badge looked out of place against the (Phantom Black?) gloss of the grille.

Got a gloss set (ebay), but decided wasn't 100% happy with how the grille badge didn't have the original clips attached - it has double sided tape.
A non-issue for most, but I'm pretty fussy & didn't like the look of the thin layer of foam tape edge between the badge & grille mounting face (1-2mm), plus I didn't want any hassles with it possibly peeling up/off after many years - planning on keeping it for a loong time :p.

After much procrastination, ended up buying a new genuine chrome one for $40 (I marked the original getting it off). Had that painted gloss black @ a local motorbike repairer for $40. Result = way better finish & durability than I could have ever achieved myself with spray pack for $80.

Clipped it in & it looks sweet as, nice & tight all around. Just a suggestion, having recently been down that route :) Cheers
Cheers mate ended up getting the double sided tape ones off eBay but if I'm unhappy with the fit I'll look at getting the stock ones sprayed.