Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black on Black MY15 SSV Redline

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
te_rarawa, Any more plans for the Redline? I fitted the fender and front facia blackout accessories and it looks great. Fitting a 3 piece hard lid at the moment and want to fit a catback exhaust.

Probably just the blackout kit as I'm happy with how it is. Maybe lowered a tad more, especially in the rear and darker tint but then I void the warranties.

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
Lowering shouldn't void your warranty, only if it is excessively low.
I put the pedders 35mm drop springs in mine and it settled a little further than that I think but the ride is still pretty good. There was also a 20mm drop spring which would still look great.

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
Lowering shouldn't void your warranty, only if it is excessively low.
I put the pedders 35mm drop springs in mine and it settled a little further than that I think but the ride is still pretty good. There was also a 20mm drop spring which would still look great.

its got lows in it at the moment, I'll have to look into it further so see if super lows are doable. We are ordering the custom plates this week, then I can start buying the black trims and moulds. It's due for the first service shortly so I might see if Holden can put the parts on while it's in there

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
its got lows in it at the moment, I'll have to look into it further so see if super lows are doable. We are ordering the custom plates this week, then I can start buying the black trims and moulds. It's due for the first service shortly so I might see if Holden can put the parts on while it's in there

Were the lows springs in yours the Walkinshaw springs? I didn't realise that you had already lowered it as the sedans seem to already sit a little lower than the utes from factory

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
Mate you've got me thinking now, I'm starting to wonder if Holden even had it lowered. I'm going down to Walkinshaw tomorrow so I'll let you know. I'm gonna be dirty at the dealer if thats the case. I wasn't present for the delivery of the vehicle.......I wish I was there now

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
Well after a visit to Formula Tech Brett confirmed that it has Walkinshaw low springs in it.

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
It did look a bit lower than stock, I guess the Super lows would be around my height. Still looks great though without having the issues I have over the higher speed humps and gutters even though its not too bad.

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
It did look a bit lower than stock, I guess the Super lows would be around my height. Still looks great though without having the issues I have over the higher speed humps and gutters even though its not too bad.

I'd like it to be a bit lower in the rear. Walkinshaw have a sale on their coil overs....so tempting

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
I bought black Holden badges for the Redline, but just a moment ago i was reading villin808's thread and I see the rear badges have pins.......WTF!!!!! I was planning on two options a) remove both rear badges or b) remove the SSV and change Holden badge to black. Can anybody confirm both rear badges have pins? I hope the door badges don't have pins

Last edited: