Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blaupunkt 6 CD Stacker! "CD ERROR MECH"

vsute97

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Blown SSV Ute
Hey all, the CD player in my ute will not load CDs it says CD ERROR MECH, in the handbook it says to take it to Holden but im hoping someone
has an idea that may help me, it will not accept any CDs and says that its empty, im unsure if it has a CD stuck in it

Ive tried pulling out the 2 CD player fuses and disconnecting the battery with no luck

And on top of that if tried to remove the system from the car using 4 bits of wire in the 4 holes and can not get it to budge one bit!

Does anyone have any ideas or help for me here, just wanna get it going!! Thanks Guys! ;)

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I think it's finally killed itself, the money you pay to fix it you can buy a second hand one for like $50.

H Bomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
Mine used to do it all the time, after trying the fuses and then disconnecting the battery and then trying the eject all thing by holding down the eject button I really cracked it and tried to force another cd into it. The cd then nudged the one that was stuck in there (I assume in the mouth of the player) and then it worked again, I just wanted my cds back. Then as DDR said, straight down for the new one.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Mine did the same thing, it got stuck half way through changing discs. Out of sheer frustration (after pulling it out of the car, shaking it about and what not), I put it back in the car and laid one hell of a punch into the stupid thing.
It started making mechanical sounds and spat out all my cd's - win.

bowsaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs series 1
Sorry to dredge this up, having same prob, with WK Caprice, aren't these coded to the car? how to change? and how to pull out

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Sorry to dredge this up, having same prob, with WK Caprice, aren't these coded to the car? how to change? and how to pull out

they are pin coded only afaik, they are also junk take it as an excuse to buy something better.

bowsaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs series 1
Ok, so can get another HU? and it will run with the factory speakers etc?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Ok, so can get another HU? and it will run with the factory speakers etc?

Absolutely, make life easy on yourself and buy a chips of adapters and it's plug and play.