Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bleeding LS1 after waterpump replacement

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
That's weird then. Can you get a video? Most commodores whine a little bit if you listen for it. Or is it an obvious whine?

velcrochicken

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VT
The whine has also faded with further driving I think I just needed to let the new parts wear in a little. Thanks to all those who helped.

Mookie01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive series 2
Is the VX LS1 engine bay slightly different to the VY-Vz SS series?

Mine was easy to do, almost entire system drained, did up hoses, poured 5 litres red coolant on overflow tank then 5 litres demineralised water and topped up after running car for 10mins or so with random 3000rpm squirts of the pedal and done.

Took for a drive, checked when got home and de-squealed belts
You are wrong about using de-mineralised water read the link https://www.hyperlube.com/blog/blog/why-you-should-never-use-distilled-water-in-your-cooling-system/

Mookie01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive series 2
VY or VZ have a bleed screw on the drivers side top of the radiator that is a bleed screw, pretty sure it's VZ. Cant remember. But as the overflow and therefore the fill point for the rad. is the highest point of the system it should self bleed to an extent.
That is for a V6 they have a bleed screw not the LS1