Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody Cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
how can they fine me without having any proof

I know in SA police can defect cars on suspicion of modifications........you could be driving a bone stock car and they could defect you for something under the bonnet without even opening it if they wanted.

Its ridiculous.

A mate over here got his new SSV ute defected on suspicion of lowering when it was on factory springs with a bit of weight in the tray......but he failed the attitude test and got done and I assume that's what you have done too.

I have had cars slammed within an inch of their life, loud exhausts etc.....never once had a defect because I never give them any attitude and always talk nicely to them, ask how the day on the streets are going, make some jokes if he is in a good mood etc.....a good attitude goes a long way........also makes me wonder how you may have been driving to get pulled over in the first place.....police don't just usually pull over cars like that at random for defect checks unless they are given a reason to (unless its something serious like a panel hanging off or car scraping etc)

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
A mate over here got his new SSV ute defected on suspicion of lowering when it was on factory springs with a bit of weight in the tray......but he failed the attitude test and got done and I assume that's what you have done too.

I have had cars slammed within an inch of their life, loud exhausts etc.....never once had a defect because I never give them any attitude and always talk nicely to them, ask how the day on the streets are going, make some jokes if he is in a good mood etc.....a good attitude goes a long way........also makes me wonder how you may have been driving to get pulled over in the first place.....police don't just usually pull over cars like that at random for defect checks unless they are given a reason to (unless its something serious like a panel hanging off or car scraping etc)

I agree attitude will tend to be an influencing factor. But I have been pulled over in my younger years and had my car defected and I also received a ticket for things like non ADR-compliant steering wheel, frayed seat belt. They went over the car with a bit of detail. I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary, I was just a young guy (at the time!) driving a lowered V8 Commodore, so my vehicle would have been considered a 'vehicle of interest'.. ;) The officers were firm but polite, and I returned that same respect. The bottom line was, my car was defective, I wasn't happy about getting a ticket for it (is anyone happy about receiving a ticket!), but if a car is defective, then you can't complain about being pinned for it.

But what I guess I'm trying to say, is just because someone receives a defect/infringement, it would be misguided to assume they were giving the coppers attitude.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Fact is the majority of cops have no idea what is road worthy or not but they have a quota to fill and any car that is modified is illegal in "their eyes" so they defect.

Fingers between the wheel and guard doesn't mean jack, fact is the cops are a law unto themselves. The law is stupid but it's designed so they can rack up the fines because the want all boy racers of the road, doesn't matter if your 16 or 60yo, if you drive a modified vehicle than you are a hoon!!!! (in the eyes of the law).

Like i've said before, i've been defected because I had a factory fitted V8 engine in my Commodore and the cop didn't believe it came from the factory like that. The law should be changed so that if a cop gives a defect and it's found that the vehicle did indeed comply with the law at the time the defect was issued than the cops should be forced to wear the costs and the fines should be rescinded.

Also, if the details on the fine are incorrect than it's not valid, I've seen folks get off tickets before because of a miss-spelled name , better check if the laws are similar in aussie.

Female cop pulling over young male driver, you were screwed from the get go sorry to say.

This type of **** is why I have very little respect for the plod.

In a court of law you are innocent until proven guilty, yet for motoring offences that concept seems to have gone out the window. If a copper wants to defect a vehicle than the onus of proof should be on them.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I've never had a problem with cops defecting me wrongfully, sure there's heaps out there with bad attitudes but having a mate in the force I know why most of them are angry & who else can they take it out on legally?

Anyway I got pulled over randomly on my red Ps in my old S13, with blue neons under it, and an uncovered, un bracketed pod filter and the cop let me go, he seemed to be looking for a turbo judging the way he checked my front bar and my hot side in the bay

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I've had a look at your car and it screams pull me over. Tinted tail lights, dark window tint, mangin' exhaust, some doof doof, dumped on stockies………
I have had plenty of cars that could of been defected, it comes down to overall presentation and your attitude.

Immortality: You sound like you fail the attitude test.

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
My car has changed a lot since them photos i put 17 sv6 rims I have Ss front bar and Ss tail lights and my car is 105mm at the lowest point there in fact my car is not unroadworthy

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
My car has changed a lot since them photos i put 17 sv6 rims I have Ss front bar and Ss tail lights and my car is 105mm at the lowest point there in fact my car is not unroadworthy

How do you know your car is 105mm at the lowest point? How did you test it? Did you put 5 people in the car, a full fuel tank, and some gear in the boot? Fail.

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
Well I do have a full tank a fuel and about around 50kgs of sound system in the boot got someone to sit in the drivers seat and put a wheel that we measured to be a 105mm and it was just about to hit the catalytic converter witch was the lowest point

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Just argue that the road isn't level haha, I parked my car on my fiance's parents' drive the other day and one side had no gap between the rubber and the wheel arch, the other side had heeeaps due to their uneven drive

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
If its that much of a problem being too low just get some extra thick rubber spacers that sit underneath ur springs to bump it up a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.