Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody Cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Also, if the details on the fine are incorrect than it's not valid, I've seen folks get off tickets before because of a miss-spelled name , better check if the laws are similar in aussie.

not the case in Australia, although there are wannabe lawyers who believe it's true.

technically, yes a ticket 'may' get thrown out for a spelling mistake, but in most cases, even 'if' it made it to court, a magistrate won't invalidate the ticket for a spelling mistake. If there is any doubt as to the location of the offense or the correct spelling of the persons name, they will refer to other supporting evidence such as the coppa's voice recording and/or notes in his/her notebook. But reality is, it won't even make it to court.

If you decide to challenge a ticket because of an error, the first process is police prosecutions will contact the officer who issued it and advise them of the error. Now unless the copper who issued it doesn't care if it gets pulled, they will just cancel that ticket and re-issue the correct ticket. Happens all the time ;)

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
just want to vent a bit after my run in with stupid as cop and see if anyone else as had something like this happen to them

cop pulls me over see them walk out of the car try and try put there hand in-between the guard and the tire but dose not fit cause its lowered on super lows but then she said it was getting defected so no problems with that i can get that off easy but then a fine for driving an unroadworthy car when she handed me that i said to her wheres her proof but she just change the topic so i tried to talk to her so more and she was like there's nothing you can do or say about it then looked at the fine and she has spelled my street name wrong and cannot read her officer number how can they fine me without having any proof

Get over yourself

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Immortality: You sound like you fail the attitude test.

That depends on who's attitude you judge, I've been targeted because I'm a white male, mid 30's driving a Commodore. I've been targeted when I'm in the missus car which from the outside is stock standard except for FE2 type springs and Clubsport 17" wheels. Nothing else, even the exhaust was stock standard until 2 months ago when the muffler was totally stuffed and had to be replaced to get a WOF.

Fact is, i've seen to much **** to have faith in the system. I'm always polite but I have my limits.

Fact is, there are to many young coppers out there, almost straight out of high school with no real life experience and they think they are GOD because they wear a blue uniform. I'd have a lot more respect if the police did some real work stopping real crims but it's easier to pull folks over for stupid stuff than to do some real police work like catching burglars and rapists/murderers and what not but that doesn't fill the governments coffers with easy cash.

I was on a jury a few years ago, kiddie fiddling case, the dude was guilty as sin but the police prosecutor stuffed up the case and the defence lawyer tore it to shreds and the guy walked. Fairly much all the female members on the jury where in tears when the verdict was read out......

I've seen plenty of police vehicles which could be defected for stupid **** but does it happen........

I have no problem when the law is fair and equitable but it's clearly obvious that it's not in many case and that is what I object too.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Last edited:

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
Well my lawyer says I have a case cause I have proof my car was road worthy just less then 10,000km ago and if it passes a roadworthy this time with out being to low I have them

well to top it off just noticed have to get a roadworthy in 6 days to get the defect off

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
LMFAO! No offence, but your a P plater driving a clapped out exec but your legal council are all over it for a simple defect:s

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Well my lawyer says I have a case cause I have proof my car was road worthy just less then 10,000km ago and if it passes a roadworthy this time with out being to low I have them

well to top it off just noticed have to get a roadworthy in 6 days to get the defect off

Hahahaha good one! Yep, because you can't do modifications within 10,000Km of a roadworthy inspection. If you're 'lawyer' wants to try this I say good luck, you'll need all the help you can get. The cost of a legal fees would massively out weigh the cost of paying the fine and inspection fees.

There's much more to this story than you're letting on. Why did they pull you over in the first place? You must have done something to get their attention. What time of day or night was it? Were you pulling laps at the local cool kids spot with Gangnam Style cranked? Were you doing something stupid or was it simply a case of wrong time and place? Or did you do something stupi and hang around too long?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Here's a good one for you. I bet 100 bucks that this car was fully road worthy '10,000Km ago'.

steve_nogas_killa_b_01.jpg

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
These threads always make me laugh. Firstly, it doesn't matter one bit whether you car is legal or not. A copper is not an inspector, they will defect you if they "believe" something is not roadworthy. It's then up to you to prove it is, or get it rectified.

Secondly, I can get a roadworthy certificate today, then fit a set of tyres outside the vehicles permitted size 5 minutes later and presto, not legally roadworthy anymore.

Your lawyer is in the business to make money, he will tell you what you want to hear so you will employ his services in court. Does the spelling mistake change anything about your car? Does it make it lower? Does it make it any less roadworthy? If it was a mistake about a location of say a speeding incident, and they put your location as being in a 60 zone for example, and you were in fact in an 80 zone, then yes, that ticket can be cancelled. But spelling a street name wrong doesn't magically make your car any more illegal.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
The vehicle should be legal, enough said. If its not legal then eventually you will be caught and fined.

Being 5mm above the legal limit is pushing it, cause that car isn't going to be that height all the time. 10 extra litres of full will drop it down that half cm. You got caught being naughty, so get the roadworthy and pay the fine.

I don't know what else you expected to hear? Ain't nobody got time to sympathise.

Status
Not open for further replies.