Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody Cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1LMO3

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
I stated it earlier just take it on the chin. It is your word against the police (who are sworn in to uphold the law) who do you thinks more likely to win.

The fact that its been stated you car is too low is enough proof (they could have taken pictures, but you will be on dash cam most likely if you wanted to get technical) and trying to say your car was roadworthy less then 10,000kms is just stupid.

I've been on patrol and have pulled over cars that passed a roadworthy less then a week and were complete pieces of **** (and I'm saying arse dragging kinda stuff) and should have not been on the road.

Really your just pulling at strings because all your gonna do if you try and fight is end up spending more money then it's worth and most probably (99.9%) losing.

And the fact that you posted this and your comments tell me that your attitude (as people have said) is your main problem in this situation. I can tell from first hand experience we (police) hate when you argue especially when you clearly in the wrong (its actually quite funny sometimes). I will assume her lack of informing you about the unroadworthy fine would have been out of frustration, due to the fact you just got defected so there's the answer there, if your car is defectable it is unroadworthy. You just pushed her buttons and got extra treatment as a result.

wylie27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim L67
That depends on who's attitude you judge, I've been targeted because I'm a white male, mid 30's driving a Commodore. I've been targeted when I'm in the missus car which from the outside is stock standard except for FE2 type springs and Clubsport 17" wheels. Nothing else, even the exhaust was stock standard until 2 months ago when the muffler was totally stuffed and had to be replaced to get a WOF.

Hey Immortality.. i am confused as a mid thirties anglo saxon male driving a VX commodore with alloy wheels a supercharger and i have never EVER been harassed by the po po.. I even get waved through and RBT's generally.. the Po Po leave me alone.

As for the OP.. if the cop suspects there is something wrong, he will canary it... Lawyering up is an expensive and unnecessary exercise when you just follow the process.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hahahaha good one! Yep, because you can't do modifications within 10,000Km of a roadworthy inspection. If you're 'lawyer' wants to try this I say good luck, you'll need all the help you can get. The cost of a legal fees would massively out weigh the cost of paying the fine and inspection fees.

There's much more to this story than you're letting on. Why did they pull you over in the first place? You must have done something to get their attention. What time of day or night was it? Were you pulling laps at the local cool kids spot with Gangnam Style cranked? Were you doing something stupid or was it simply a case of wrong time and place? Or did you do something stupi and hang around too long?

Cops need no excuse to pull you over, they just make up some random crap as they have quotas to fill. Recently a couple of work mates went out to get a feed from work at about 3am, cop coming the other way did a U turn and pulled em over for no reason, they weren't speeding, the car had a WOF and registration, just 3 guys in a car going to get a feed.

The fact is, the cops know that 99% won't challenge a ticket/defect because of the costs involved even when you know you are in the right, the law favours cops. This is NOT justice, this is revenue gathering.

Hahahaha good one! Yep, because you can't do modifications within 10,000Km of a roadworthy inspection. If you're 'lawyer' wants to try this I say good luck, you'll need all the help you can get. The cost of a legal fees would massively out weigh the cost of paying the fine and inspection fees.

So your suggesting that we all go out of our way to make sure our cars are not roadworthy as soon as we can after an inspection because that is exactly what your argument above suggests.

These threads always make me laugh. Firstly, it doesn't matter one bit whether you car is legal or not. A copper is not an inspector, they will defect you if they "believe" something is not roadworthy. It's then up to you to prove it is, or get it rectified.

This is wrong, what if the car is roadworthy, than you are a victim of the law, it has cost you time and money to prove you are innocent as well as having a fine on your record which isn't warranted. What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty" as is the law in a court case???? If the law was fair and the vehicle passed a inspection as it was when stopped than the costs should be reimbursed by the plod but that will never happen as it will hurt the bottom line, no profit in that type of law. Heaven forbid that we actually get true justice.

Hey Immortality.. i am confused as a mid thirties anglo saxon male driving a VX commodore with alloy wheels a supercharger and i have never EVER been harassed by the po po.. I even get waved through and RBT's generally.. the Po Po leave me alone.

As for the OP.. if the cop suspects there is something wrong, he will canary it... Lawyering up is an expensive and unnecessary exercise when you just follow the process.

again, innocent until proven guilty....... if the cop doesn't know what he is talking about than he should stick his head back up his ass cause that's where he's talking from.

The last RBT I went through, the piece of **** car in front of me with 4 very jovial blokes was waved through(Friday evening), yet me, in the missus car with the missus and 2 kids was stopped after sitting in a queue for about 20 minutes....... not happy

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
In an effort to offer you moral support, I go have a look at your car, not only do I find a **** video Wake up campers - YouTube but you have monetized all your vidoes so we have to look at adds.
If that kind of music/doosh does it for you, I feel for you, no realy.

I went looking, came away wanting.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Many years ago I was flashed by a mobile speed camera one evening just after a fixed speed camera. Was I speeding, probably, however the mobile speed camera was parked illegally (on a foot path) and didn't have any park lights on as was required by the law. I quickly did a U turn and parked up behind the speed camera with my high beams on in such a way that he could not take any more pictures of speeding vehicles and all other motorists could clearly see where he was, I than took down all the relevant details, in the mean time the guy in the speed camera **** his pants, turned on his park lights (as required by law at that time) and quickly dialled for help. After a few minutes I left, I never received a speeding ticket because mr plod was breaking the law in the operation of said mobile speed camera.

The question I have, did all the other people also get there tickets/fines waved because the illegal use of said mobile speed camera? I bet not!!!

Know you rights and stand up for them, don't be like the other 1000's of mindless sheeples and pay a fine when you don't have too.

That's all i'm going to say as I think I've made my point. Don't get me wrong, if you break the law than pay the fine or do the time but if your in the right than you shouldn't be victimised by the law. I've had my share of speeding tickets and they have been paid without argument but i'm not gonna bend over and take it when there is no need to.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Cops need no excuse to pull you over, they just make up some random crap as they have quotas to fill. Recently a couple of work mates went out to get a feed from work at about 3am, cop coming the other way did a U turn and pulled em over for no reason, they weren't speeding, the car had a WOF and registration, just 3 guys in a car going to get a feed.

The fact is, the cops know that 99% won't challenge a ticket/defect because of the costs involved even when you know you are in the right, the law favours cops. This is NOT justice, this is revenue gathering.
No that's a car full of blokes driving around at 3 in the morning:s No wonder they got pulled over.

immortality said:
So your suggesting that we all go out of our way to make sure our cars are not roadworthy as soon as we can after an inspection because that is exactly what your argument above suggests.
Tons of mates used to do it all the time, get done for an unroadworthy so put the car back to standard, get the defect cleared and put it back to how it was modified that same day.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Many years ago I was flashed by a mobile speed camera one evening just after a fixed speed camera. Was I speeding, probably, however the mobile speed camera was parked illegally (on a foot path) and didn't have any park lights on as was required by the law. I quickly did a U turn and parked up behind the speed camera with my high beams on in such a way that he could not take any more pictures of speeding vehicles and all other motorists could clearly see where he was, I than took down all the relevant details, in the mean time the guy in the speed camera **** his pants, turned on his park lights (as required by law at that time) and quickly dialled for help. After a few minutes I left, I never received a speeding ticket because mr plod was breaking the law in the operation of said mobile speed camera.

The question I have, did all the other people also get there tickets/fines waved because the illegal use of said mobile speed camera? I bet not!!!

Know you rights and stand up for them, don't be like the other 1000's of mindless sheeples and pay a fine when you don't have too.

That's all i'm going to say as I think I've made my point. Don't get me wrong, if you break the law than pay the fine or do the time but if your in the right than you shouldn't be victimised by the law. I've had my share of speeding tickets and they have been paid without argument but i'm not gonna bend over and take it when there is no need to.
Be thankful you have said laws in NZ, here they go out of the way to hide. The way I see it, if you weren't speeding there wouldn't of been a problem.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Cops need no excuse to pull you over, they just make up some random crap as they have quotas to fill.

I was recently discussing this with a friendly SA cop, they are called touch and go's.....which is where cars at random will be pulled over for RBT/vehicle check etc....regardless of having done anything to get pulled over.

All SA cops have to do a certain amount of touch and go's per shift.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I got done for having fog lights on in fog once haha, $40 fine, I asked if the cop was serious, he didn't even know that Silvias have yellow fog lights, thought they were neons :/ Anyway, you get the good and the bad, but sometimes it isn't worth arguing

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
In an effort to offer you moral support, I go have a look at your car, not only do I find a **** video Wake up campers - YouTube but you have monetized all your vidoes so we have to look at adds.
If that kind of music/doosh does it for you, I feel for you, no realy.

I went looking, came away wanting.

Up at 2am, phone in hand, playing loud music to intentionally irritate people.

You had that fine coming buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.