Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody crows eating my redline ute!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Spoke with Holden, the side trims are cheap at $17ea but apparently the windscreen cowl trim rubber and side rubber are not available separately, only with glass... side trim and glass is 155ish and trim and windscreen is 1150ish. The hunt continues.

Next option,
Wreckers !

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
Next option,
Wreckers !
Yeah will be sussing out a few online and making more enquiries while I'm away at work. Hopefully have it sorted out so I can fix it when I get back next week.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Try originalpartsgroup.com.au/ in the Holden section — every Holden you can think of.

Beware, that site is addictive!!
Search Exterior Trim.
I had a quick look at Original Parts Group, Can you select Holden ONLY before you start looking. Cant find the Holden section, all I find is up the top in the Search function where you can type Holden in it.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Also any ideas on keeping crows away? Are scarecrows even a thing these days?

Any help appreciated.
Put a car cover on .... Put some bird seed/food out for them .. Put some old other trims/rubber out for them to munch on instead of yours. :)

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Crows are a funny bird and pest,I work next to a Korean golf course and crows are always pinching golf balls,it’s funny watching the Asians curse the crows,they fly up onto the light towers and drop them to try and open them,golfers at work are always walking around picking them up and recon they are the beast balls.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Spoke with Holden, the side trims are cheap at $17ea but apparently the windscreen cowl trim rubber and side rubber are not available separately, only with glass... side trim and glass is 155ish and trim and windscreen is 1150ish. The hunt continues.

@rossimo
When you say side trims $17 each are you talking about these that go around the windows? Maybe just straight bottom sections are $17 each? Or am i confused :oops:
trim.jpg

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
Put a car cover on .... Put some bird seed/food out for them .. Put some old other trims/rubber out for them to munch on instead of yours. :)
Yeah a decent cover is on the cards after this. Think I might hang my old trims from a tree as a sacrifice to the crow gods.

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon

Attachments

• PSX_20200914_122331.jpg
    PSX_20200914_122331.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 92

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Na mate, the trims down the side of the windscreen/a pillars. These ones.

Damn i got all excited I was hoping I could get the side window trim for cheap through Holden! :eek: