Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blown VY Manual UTE

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
yeh some interior pics and some burnouts if you could plz

Fitty

Reaction score
Mate, very, very well done on that ute, it's bloody amazing. The whole thing just comes together very nicely and you're punching some nice power out... the intercooler looks really tuff, too.

G

GRMACE57

Great power figures bet you have a lot of sideways fun in that thing AWSUM :D

P

powerhungry

Hey, thanks for the comments. Yeah, she goes really well. As an example it's faster to 200 km/hr than my brothers VY maloo. He has had a mafless tune via LS1 edit, with bigger intake pipe, headers, cats and dfilipo exhaust. His was originally dynoed at 250 rwhp. He was a bit disappointed as it had 285 fwkw from factory and was expecting roughly 285rwhp. After mods it made 317 rwhp and actually uses less fuel! Mine is still faster and on the same dyno on same day made 322rwhp with powerdyne blower. I'm sure that if he put a blower on his or big cam/head package then things might be different.

I had mine dynoed again last friday and it made 355rwhp with the vortech. I'll post up the graph when i get a chance to scan it.

Here is one of the interior, brand new the day i bought it. Only difference now is black sheepskin covers and autometer boost guage.

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,782
P

powerhungry

I just tried to add a couple more pics but i have exceeded the limit. If i delete some of the earlier pics from 'manage attachments' does that delete them from this thread?

sime

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Calais
Nice mandrel piping, fantastic car! :)