Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bluetooth Handsfree in the VE

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Do you mean you get in and turn your car to "On" first and then start it after it's done all the checks? If so, the BT will connect when your turn it to "On" and the drop out when you start the car. It either reconnects for me automatically, or I just press the phone button on the wheel to reconnect it. Best solution though is just start the car with one turn of the key... Don't turn it On first, wait, then ignition...

Yes, that's exactly when it goes bad.

Problem is if I start the car with one turn of the key, my climate control stops working. If I wait until self check completes before starting the engine then the climate control is happy but bluetooth stops.. I tell you this Calais is like a bloody jigsaw puzzle.

I'll try what you suggested though, I'll press the phone button to see if it reconnects.

Thanks for that !

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Just tried pressing the phone button after bluetooth fails to stay connected after starting and that doesn't work either !!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Hmmm... Have you set your phone to not require authentication each time? What phone do you have? Once the pairing is setup and set to auto on your phone, pressing the phone button will connect it if it's not connected or activate voice commands if it is.

Sometimes I forget to turn BT on my phone on before I start so while driving down the road, I turn phone BT on and press the button on the wheel. Connects fine.

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Hmmm... Have you set your phone to not require authentication each time? What phone do you have? Once the pairing is setup and set to auto on your phone, pressing the phone button will connect it if it's not connected or activate voice commands if it is.

Sometimes I forget to turn BT on my phone on before I start so while driving down the road, I turn phone BT on and press the button on the wheel. Connects fine.

I've set BT to automatically allow the connection, I've tried this with my old phone Nokia 6230i and my new Next G 6120C. Behaves exactly the same.

Seems like my Calais has this issue where it seems to go crazy when the engine cranks, because that's where all the electronics goes nuts unless I do it in the exact right order.

It's only recently that my ABS/ESP errors finally stopped after the dealer finally replaced my battery after a lot of complaining.

It's as if the car is starving for voltage at crank time and as the power dips, the electronics gets confused.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Just out of curiosity, did they only replace the battery? Or did they follow the whole recall for BCM and Battery? There is a techline on this THAT THEY SHOULD KNOW ABOUT!!! Could be the source of all your dramas...

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Just out of curiosity, did they only replace the battery? Or did they follow the whole recall for BCM and Battery? There is a techline on this THAT THEY SHOULD KNOW ABOUT!!! Could be the source of all your dramas...

No, I had been told about this before but the local dealer refuses to replace the BCM.

They've been very unhelpful for some reason.

I suppose I should complain to head office, but I know if I do there will be a backlash from the local dealer.

Can't win really !

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
What the hell? If there's a techline, or a recall, they HAVE TO DO IT! Ring Holden Head Office, ask what all the current techline's for the vehicle are (give them your make/model/manufacture date) and go to the dealer with the list.

I'd be getting the Dept. of Fair Trading onto it if it were my dealer...

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
I'll ring Holden Monday and ask about it. I must admit, I've not been to pushy about it because the local dealer gets very vengeful if you complain. I've seen it happen before.