Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bob the BIMMER - WRITE OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah... i was really happy with how it was looking yesterday...
Only thing that pooped my day was the wheel issue...

Literally no cornering performance going around right handers... very twitchy... left handers were great... hairly money on a tight right hander were the road drop away a bit coming into the corner...

The brakes were birlliant though!!! No fade at all... glad i upgraded the rotors and pads... felt very confident with them.

Getting that looked at this friday... so should be sorted soon hopefully.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
as geoff said, looked very tidy on the cruise.

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
as much as i dont like you as a member ........ i gotta admit you have one of my favourite car's on here:p

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Thanks guys... if was looking rather shiny that day... :p

eurekamad94, the feels are mutual... but thanks :D

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ok... update...

Bob is back at the shop... the panel beater bloke has been really helpful and said he will send it off to another suspension place to see what is going on...

Also, he's going to try sending a picture of my wheel to the guys they normally use for repairs and replacements and see if they turn up anything. Which is real nice of him as the wheel is not related to the repairs.

So yeah... in a nutshell... not happy with TrackRight in dandenong which is a shame because most stuff I've read about them as been positive.

But really happy with the effort Kevin and European Auto Refurbishes is putting in to get my car right.

Also rang the insurance company to let them know whats going on with the car.

Expecting a call from Kevin sometime today and a call from the insurance company assessor in the next 24 hours or so I'm told.

I'm so selling this thing once its fixed... caused me nothing but headaches...

I'll throw it up on carsales for... I dunno... 7G just for a laugh... no RWC... see what happens.

Cheers.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
as much as i dont like you as a member ........ i gotta admit you have one of my favourite car's on here:p

it took a real man errrrr i mean boy to say that want a cookie?

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
LOL ^^^

Whats wrong with bob... did i miss something? i knew it had been partly resprayed.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
LOL ^^^

Whats wrong with bob... did i miss something? i knew it had been partly resprayed.

i just dislike the 14 year old is all

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
LOL ^^^

Bob has suspension issues...

Basically the wheel that was repaired doesn't line up with the body the way it should... it sits about 20mm further out that the one on the driver side...

I noticed this just before the cruise...

And then on the cruise... just after a sharp right with a slight drop there was a small bridge... which I didn't brake for but there was a slight lip getting on and it buckled a rim... lol

So the suspension stuff is being sorted out by the panel beater (hopefully) because the car is not the way it was before the accident, and the wheel i need to replace myself, but the bloke at the panel beaters, who's been really helpful, said he will try to source one for me from the usual guys they use and then I will just need to pay for the rim... which I'm more than happy to do.

Mainly because the only other option is getting all new rims... which would be "bye-bye" to my Krudd money... and its bloody impossible to find rims that will fit a e30 due to its retarded offset and stud pattern combo... I need a 17x7 rim with a 4x100 stud pattern and a et20 - 25 offset... so far I've found like 2 rims that would work... other than getting some custom simmons made up.

Which would end up costing more than the car itself! lol

VryNeat,

No idea what your on about... lol. If your just going to have a go at people... keep it out of my thread.

Cheers.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
have ya been to peninsula BMW (the wreckers part) about a rim? (probably a stupid question, but id ask it)

ohhh suspension, not good at all. hopefully all gets sorted out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.