Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bonnet Strut Clearance?

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
True.....I might be lucky, as I've had the same ones on 2 different VC'S, with no issues....Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the seller, nor where he lives in Adelaide.....I only remember the surburb....

mine didn't take much effort.
Just needed a quick skim on the inside edge where the kink is, both sides of the bonnet with the grinder and it fit perfect
Took about 1 minute to do.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
I have recently fitted struts to my VK. The kit was purchased of eBay. I had no clearance issues. Do you have the cylinder fitted to the bonnet and the shaft fitted to the guard?

CNWEEP

Reaction score
Hey I just bought a set off Ebay as well and I'm having issues when closing the bonnet, it kicks up the back and looks like crap. I have the shaft bolted to the guard and the other end bolted to the first hinge bolt, that would be the higher one on the hinge.

I can definately feel it's hitting somewhere and stopping it from closing properly... any ideas?

I will try get pix soon.

Cheers .

CNWEEP

Reaction score
Definitely could be the issue, but not sure why, I have posted pix but I have to wait for the Moderator to accept them before they are visible on the site..

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have mine bolted to the first bonnet hinge hole, closest to the front of the car.....The other end, I have drilled a hole, between the 3rd and 4th guard bolts....(only 7 bolts holding it in place, when looking at it...)

CNWEEP

Reaction score
Ok I will try the bottom bolt, I just followed the pix from others and I thin the instructions that came with them.
Cheers.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
From the pics, the bonnet hinge bolt up point is identical to mine.....however, I drilled another hole in the guard to bolt it down there, rather than use a factory guard hole....it's between the 3rd and 4th guard bolts

CNWEEP

Reaction score
Cheers guys, I can't be assed playing 2night, might have a go later in the week and let you know how I go, it will be disappointing if I have to ditch them.

Cheers