Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

boost obsession turbo manifold

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
is there anymore pics of that inlet manifold? i would really like to see the inside of it. do they cut the base out and turn it, and then re weld it, or is it a bit more in depth than that? im thinkn about modifying the lid to accommodate a tb when i do mine, less hassle that way. i think. :/

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
is there anymore pics of that inlet manifold? i would really like to see the inside of it. do they cut the base out and turn it, and then re weld it, or is it a bit more in depth than that? im thinkn about modifying the lid to accommodate a tb when i do mine, less hassle that way. i think. :/

Have a look on the MACE site, the make and sell em. (cut and weld the TB neck on the other side)

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Gen3 VT SS + V6 VT manual turbo
Hey mate, what size ID steam pipe are u using? I bought 1.5" primary and 2" for crossover

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont

Immortality is correct cut the TB part out and weld it on other side the flip the lid around

Hey mate, what size ID steam pipe are u using? I bought 1.5" primary and 2" for crossover

Yeah that sounds right i used the same sizes when i made my last set

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sweet cheers I'm hopin to pull the standard manifolds off in coupla weeks and tack the manifolds up then put it back together standard then take it all to work tig it all up then on Chrissy break put the all turbo setup together. Can't wait ay

Commotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WRX
correct the throttle body is cut out and welded on the other side(inside and out). i just ground it down smooth to look factory.

I make collector style manifolds so the exhaust flow is quite efficient and therefore i use smaller pipe sizes. 32nb (1.25") for primaries and 40nb (1.5") for cross over. 40nb is over half the cross sectional area of a T3 flange and just a touch under the same cross section area of one port in the split pulse T4.
If using log style maniolds definately go to the large pipe size to allow enough flow.

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok cool, I've got an idea on how I wanna do it, not gonna look as good as urs lol but I wanna make a collector style manifold. I'll probly open a new thread when I start this project anyway as I haven't seen too many vt turbos on here although I'm pretty sure they'd be a few around these days

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
heres my attempt at a manifold...
25072010169.jpg

38NB into i think 50NB cross over.

Commotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WRX
Looks like you need a few more amps there mate. And using anti-splatter makes it easier to tidy up when you done. drill some bolt holes in your flange and your on your way.