Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

boot wont open

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
There is no one fuse for the boot. The boot control runs directly from the BCM.
Fuse 20 VT/VX: Controls power door locks (Boot), windows and antenna.
Not sure on other models.

Chuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
OK. So here's my situation.

VX Berlina. Solenoid has packed it in, no key hole as it's a Berlina and the yellow handled cable behind the rear seat isn't working no matter how hard I pull on it. Now the kicker. It's dual fuel so there's an LPG tank in the way so I can't even crawl into the boot to get to the solenoid.

I can see no way of opening the boot short of angle grinding a dirty big hole in the top of the boot lid to get to the solenoid.

Please, please, please has anyone got any ideas before I take to it with a grinder?

Thanks.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
If every thing else has failed, you may have to cut your losses.
The only thing I can recommend is to cut away part of the garnish and NOT the metal part of the boot its self.
The garnish would be the cheaper part of the boot assembly to replace.

Other than that, take it to a panel beater. They may have a trick or two up there sleeves as to how to open it.

VT_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
hey all i'm having a problem with my boot opening. Every time I push the button on my keys it makes a clicking sound near the fuse box, and then I tried using the button in the glovebox and the same thing happens a clicking sound at the fuse box. Any ideas whats going on??

Cheers Adam,

Better late than never but after experiencing the same problem just now, my search led me to here and I've solved the problem (well mine anyway).
As the OP said and what the same thing that was happening to me was the clicking sound coming from the fuse box area.
I was working on my stereo & accidentally touched the unit with the power lead. The Radio fuse blew so I replaced it with the Hazards fuse (not sure why this happened because I disconnected the power lead going to the battery?).
Then I found out later my boot wouldn't open with my key or even from the glovebox.
For me, it was simply fixed by replacing the Hazards fuse that I borrowed. I guess you can't have any fuses missing from their allocated spot.

ganand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Accliam VY II 2003
Hi Zackilby

Saw ur post - i'm having a problem with my boot opening. Every time I push the button on my keys it makes a clicking sound near the fuse box, and then I tried using the button in the glovebox and the same thing happens a clicking sound at the fuse box. Any ideas whats going on??

I have VYII Acclian 2003 model.

Do you know where is actuator??

Thanks

Vsfan95

Vsfan95
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 2 Acclaim
Ganand the actuator is in the lid its attached to striker plate and its easy to replace. I had the same problems boot not opening when button pressed on remote and glovebox my auto electrician told me to change the actuator and it works fine now. Thirst sign that an actuator is on its way out or is non functioning is the remote not unlocking the doors and you have to manually unlock with the key

mrstuartinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Omega Dual Fuel
Hi everyone, I cannot open my boot either I have a 2008 Commodore Omega sedan and I just replaced the boot lock/actuator thinking it was stuffed but the boot still will not open unless I use the yellow thing behind the centre of the back seat.
When I press the boot release button on the key there is no sound at all coming from the lock, the hazard lights flash as normal which indicates to me the car is listening. I think it has a blown fuse or fusable link but none of the fuses indicate to me which is on the circuit is for the boot lock, if anyone knows which fuse it is or if there is a hidden fusible link somewhere please let me know. Thanks in Advance.

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
Old thread dig but just had this issue and fixed it today on 99 VT.

Boot stopped opening couple of days ago. When I press boot release on key fob or glove box release I hear the actuator moving, so not a busted fuse. Must be a broken actuator rod / connection. The boot barrel lock was buggered when I bought it so I put in the emergency release from a VX a while back, but that didn't open the boot so I was truly buggered.

Note: Came across the below vid on Youtube for accessing the boot in this situation especially for those with a LPG tank. Will come back to that shortly.

So, going in by the folder down back seat, I ripped out the carpet boot lid liner to expose the boot lock, then with a 3 foot Phillips head, unscrewed the boot locking mechanism from the boot lid and could then open the boot.

Replaced the broken actuator rod, properly attached the emergency boot release and all good.

For those with an LPG tank, this video shows / talks about going in through the parcel shelf speaker holes and opening the boot the same way as above.

Johnny Sharky Mimmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
35148C4E-5D98-4A35-8673-389BF5F53BA2.jpeg
View attachment 208046
35148C4E-5D98-4A35-8673-389BF5F53BA2.jpeg
hey all i'm having a problem with my boot opening. Every time I push the button on my keys it makes a clicking sound near the fuse box, and then I tried using the button in the glovebox and the same thing happens a clicking sound at the fuse box. Any ideas whats going on??

Cheers Adam,
I had same thing happen yesterday than later in evening buttons would not close car doors so l used key , than today l got my longest Phillips head screwdriver went in through back seat pull down tray l undid two screws lock fell off l also had torch so l could see it’s dark in their torch is a must , l got out boot is open , an what fell off with catch was half a wire rod that had broken lucky l had another boot an took rod off you must put rod on opening latch first as their is a snap in plastic holder l guess call it than attach other end in hole of latch an screw up l put it I. Lock position an press button it worked tried opening an closing car with button it worked in photo is spare one with Brocken rod their is no need to take out of car too put rod on . just Saying