Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bored cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Ice

Reaction score
so the cops wont get as much money so they dont even bother.

Yeah cause coppers get the money that they fine you for..... I wish..

People need to get over it, if your car is too low by 1mm then it is too low... If people were given a height limit on 50mm then they would try and get it lower...... People always try to find someone else to blame for there own modifications when they know they are illegal in the first place......

For those of you who have had a defect for empty water bottle or something stupid, feel free to back up your remarks with a copy of the defect notice..

If you feel greived by the way you are dealt with then complain about it, but you have no complaint as far as I can tell....

Also if you are being followed by the Police it maybe for the reason that they are doing a vehicle or licence check on you before they pull you over...

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Well said Ludacris.

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
The law states it must be at a certain height. Its like getting caught for going 1 to 2 over the speed limit. You're still not complying by the rules, even if it is only fractionally, it is still not meeting the minimum required height

The law states ****, rules are made to be broken. You cant tell me you've never done 1 or 2 k's over the limit or broken a rule in your life. If you havent you've lived a very sheltered life. 3 ****ing mm. Thats f*cking stupid. My subs would lower my car more than that. Why do people let the pigs rule their life... its got me stufed. Dont be so damn law abiding. ****!

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
wow
i can feel the anger from here
i do belive if ya car is defectable bad luck but jeeze in sa i really wish they would defect litle old bombs like sigmas and old school vans that blow **** loads smoke
i spend big bux on car ya get defected ya spend 0 bux they get away with it
oh well get it fixed and get back on the road

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
The law states ****, rules are made to be broken. You cant tell me you've never done 1 or 2 k's over the limit or broken a rule in your life. If you havent you've lived a very sheltered life. 3 ****ing mm. Thats f*cking stupid. My subs would lower my car more than that. Why do people let the pigs rule their life... its got me stufed. Dont be so damn law abiding. ****!

Maybe he has, but I don't recall him starting sook threads about being caught doing something wrong. Rules are generally there for safety, not to be broken, if people choose to break them them they should stfu and deal with the consequences. Why don't people err on the side of caution with these things? If your car is borderline illegally low then fix it, make it legal and obviously legal. Just because the limits are there it doesn't mean you have to push them.

That said there is probably more things than I can count defectable on our VT, including ride height. But we realise this, we know the consequences including defects/insurance problems and we will be responsible should we run into any problems. One thing I sure as hell wouldn't do is jump on an internet forum and have a cry because those bastard bored 'pigs' had the hide to do their job!

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
The law states ****, rules are made to be broken. You cant tell me you've never done 1 or 2 k's over the limit or broken a rule in your life. If you havent you've lived a very sheltered life.

Who cares if the old saying 'Rules are meant to be broken' goes. Everyone has broken rules before. The point is, if you break the law and get caught, then tough titties. You broke the law, you deal with the consequences.
3 ****ing mm. Thats f*cking stupid. My subs would lower my car more than that. Why do people let the pigs rule their life... its got me stufed. Dont be so damn law abiding. ****!

Settle down. No need for the language. You obviously have an issue with the police, we get that. But if people didn't break the law, people wouldn't get booked would they?

KB3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Wagon Dual Fuel HBD
seems to me you were just unlucky, though wen it comes down to a dimensional problem, it really dosent matter whether it was 2mm or 10mm it wasnt correct. unless there is a plus or minus tolerance advised, if its supposed to be 50mm, its 50mm, not 45.5 mm or 50.5mm. sorry folks, you are all going on about whats fair and whats not fair etc, and missing whats right in front of you. its life. life sometimes aint fair. build a bridge and get over it. and hopefully some pigeon will crap on that cops windscreen lol

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
everyone on each side is argueing the same thing.

You break the law, you cop the fine. But what a lot of people are saying is its sometimes difficult to abide by the law, no matter how you might try. Again, with the 15" spare, or the legal ride height according to the mechanic. How often in a service does a mechanic look for 100mm clearance, when it was once legally lowered? Its not always intentionally breaking the law. I just found out tonight I have been breaking the law for 3 years now with my spare. Yet none of the tyre shops have ever said anything.

Another interesting side- a friend had a VK showcar done up before a lot of the rules changed here in QLD quite a few years ago. He got done for- too low, steering wheel too small, tinted headlight covers ( I think there were others). All these were done and passed when the previous laws were in. Again, not intentionally breaking the law.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
thats why you check your clearances :p and if need be remount the exhust like i did... i clear everything now :) no scrapage and its legal and looks sacked on its ass

ive never been pulled up for a roadworthy check but im gonna be defected if i do.. rear tyres are now slicks (they had no tread 10 burnouts ago)

Just_Ice

Reaction score

Oh dear.......... Its no wonder car enthusiasts get bad attention when people like you are out there.

Its very sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.