Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bosch injectors?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
flow rate between injectors on a stock engine is almost a non issue and the error wont cause any dramas as your fuel trims error will be far more then the injectors anyway, and yes ALL injectors flow different (even same flow rate) thats why the big company's buy hundreds of them so the can match them up to the closest in batches, some even go further as flow rate is only a bit of what they match u also have min pulse width and pressure offset, voltage offset and temperature offset and that all affects the injector pulse, also injector on an ecu are never held open 100% there is always a dead time built into the control so they dont kill the injectors

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
You can change the filter baskets but they still won't be clean.i had a set of big 1500cc injectors cleaned a while ago took the baskets out and they still only flowed 700cc took 7 goes being pulsed in the ultrasonic bath for hours and flowed on the machine to get them back up to 1490 to 1530cc across the whole set

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
You can change the filter baskets but they still won't be clean.i had a set of big 1500cc injectors cleaned a while ago took the baskets out and they still only flowed 700cc took 7 goes being pulsed in the ultrasonic bath for hours and flowed on the machine to get them back up to 1490 to 1530cc across the whole set
Would you recommend only buying rebuilt injectors that have been flow tested?

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Wow. A lot of stuff here that goes right over my head. I am probably going to do my inlet manifold gaskets cos I've got a leak up near the top of the block. So while the injectors are out I could have them cleaned and tested, or replace them. Hence my question. Maybe I will get an improvement in performance/economy (more interested in the latter), maybe not.
Cheers everyone and thanks for the responses.

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Wow. A lot of stuff here that goes right over my head. I am probably going to do my inlet manifold gaskets cos I've got a leak up near the top of the block. So while the injectors are out I could have them cleaned and tested, or replace them. Hence my question. Maybe I will get an improvement in performance/economy (more interested in the latter), maybe not.
Cheers everyone and thanks for the responses.

Rob,if you intend keeping the car buy a new set,as i said i replaced mine with Siemens as did a Friend with a VP and they work great,got rid of a slight hesitation in mine under acceleration,it was getting close to last option for me after replacing DFI/CAS Plugs etc.
They are full price on Ebay at the moment,around $400,so wait for a Ebay offer to come up or buy the Bosch off Repco or Supercheap when they have their 25% off,Repco had 30% off last week.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Well then why send them off then there nothing they can do to adjust the injectors rate they can only clean them if they any good to start with, if they clean and working then only thing that will stop there performance is fuel pressure.
Case in point:

That, and like I said it's also an exercise to check the consistency among them. If you have 7 good ones and one bad one that flows like 10% or 20% difference but still pulses fine how would you ever know.

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
I don't replace many unless they are too small for upgrades or im doing a turbo conversion.my vx has had its set for 540000km lol I'm sure they are well dirty by now lol