Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boss 35 Fared capacitor

Naken

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV8
Naken here long time reader first time posting
Ive recently purchased a cap350cr (boss 35 farad hybrid) now I'm starting to have second thoughts im installing clarion hx series splits for the front and rear doors 6x9 of the same breed on the parcel shelf and 2 12" hertz woofers in the boot and I really dont want to risk my new system on a dodgy part. Has anyone had any experience with boss capacitors? Or know if it would be worth adding to the mix?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Capacitors are a waste of time. Do it right and you won't need one.

degeneration

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sportwagon
If you have bought the cap, it will be doing a lot more for you on your stereo than sitting in the garage. Hook it up...

Report.

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
If you have bought the cap, it will be doing a lot more for you on your stereo than sitting in the garage. Hook it up...

Report.

Not entirely true. With adequate gauge cable and a decent battery/properly working alternator, it would be redundant. Better to do the install properly and not need the cap *cough*bandaidfix*cough* Naken - is your system working fine now? If so, don't waste your time installing the cap.

Naken

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV8
Sorry for the late reply my pc has been on the Fritz I had my car in the shop for about 3 weeks so haven't had the chance to install anything until this weekend I was worried the setup would draw too much I did some reading herd nothing but negative vibes on the capacitors in general so I installed a red top optima in the front and a deep cycle yellow top in the boot I know it may be overkill but will the capacitor caus more damage then good if I still hook it up?

Naken

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV8
Not worried about cost I would sooner throw the capacitor off a bridge then risk my system

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
The capacitor won't cause any damage. People love to overreact about them.

mumsvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II "Lumina"
The capacitor won't cause any damage. People love to overreact about them.

True that.
Capacitors are OK for massive power draw but as you have placed dual Optima batteries in your system, in particular the Yellowtop, your install without the capacitor should be fine. It really depends on how much power your amps are drawing. The most important upgrade in regards to this is the big three wiring mod; alternator + to battery +, battery - to chassis and engine ground to chassis.
I'm running a 2000W system with a Yellowtop deep charge in the bay, non-upgraded big three (commie's three are solid enough for now) and a standard alternator without any negative repurcussions. As long as you don't have a dance party for X hours without the engine running, you should be fine.

Naken

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV8
Good point I might put my capacitor in the vy for now I think the vz may have enough juice should I upgrade the big three with 0 gauge?