Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake failure wtf :)?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
It concerns me how common this problem is appearing to be :p

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
ive had the diaphram pop in mine, followed by alot of hissing. Had to stand on the brakes to make the damn thing stop LOL

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
What concerns me is that you know how to build a car that goin 0-60 in 5.36seconds, but know nothing about brakes !! guess you must be human like the rest of us. The hissing sound gave it all away, its the only part of the brakes that works on vacuum.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Well I knew the booster was broken, the trick is why is it locked solid :p. I still need to pull it apart and see that for myself. + The car pretty much goes to 60 mph how it does by itself it's not really my fault I haven't done anything to the engine

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
What concerns me is that you know how to build a car that goin 0-60 in 5.36seconds, but know nothing about brakes !! guess you must be human like the rest of us. The hissing sound gave it all away, its the only part of the brakes that works on vacuum.

That is a little unfair. Unless there is obvious corrosion on the outside it is virtually impossible to tell when a booster is going to let go. As for the rest, I know GF well enough to realize he has at least as much knowledge as your normal mechanic when it comes to some of the car systems, and with EFI and others his knowledge is very advanced.

Even the official Holden factory service manual lists the booster as a sealed non-serviceable unit. VP/VQ Series II, Volume 2.

Reaper