Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake pad and disc life.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I try to keep a decent distance whenever I can. Sometimes stomping on the brakes is still needed. But even then I rarely get close enough that if I am rear ended I will end up rear ending the car in front of me. I did the bike rider course nearly 30 years ago and it taught me, you need to constantly be on the look out. Especially with idiots that think using a mob while driving is ok.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Below is a pick of what happened to a poor lady who was T-Boned when someone was on their phone. Person didn't even have time to hit the brakes.
51175997_10156924652488665_5966028621494616064_n.jpg

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Must be something with EH's and learning experiences. My first 3 cars were EH's.....First was drum brakes all round....Definately taught me the values of leaving large gaps to allow good braking distance...

My 2nd and 3rd EH's had HR discs up front....My 2nd one, I was cocky, having better brakes up front....Locked into a corner and ended up skidding down a 9' embankment, on its side, into a golf course. From that experience, a good friend had a good chat to me mentioning about my first EH and using those brakes as a guide to driving and allowing braking distances accordingly. It certainly changed my driving habits

I definitely agree that having a car with inadequate brakes ( which is being kind to EH's), teaches you to give yourself lots of space to brake. About twice as much as any other car. Those brakes were truly dreadful, even when working as intended.