Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake pads VF Brembo

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
What's the recommendations on the Vf redline Brembo front brake pads? Looking for something that makes no squeal that clears 20s and little to no dust.\

Was recommended these DB1678SP | DBA Street Performance Brake Pads by brakes direct. He said remsa have a better bite but more dust.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
What's the recommendations on the Vf redline Brembo front brake pads? Looking for something that makes no squeal that clears 20s and little to no dust.\

Was recommended these DB1678SP | DBA Street Performance Brake Pads by brakes direct. He said remsa have a better bite but more dust.

If you dont like dust stay away from Remsa. They are really dusty.
OEM pads are good but dusty as well.

Hawk Peformance Ceramic would be good in terms of dust, would last long and be gentle on the rotors...

I think they are
HB787Z.582

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I have Hawk Performance Ceramic pads installed on the front of my wife's VS Clubsport (AP Racing 4-piston calipers and 330ml Rotors). I can vouch for the fact that they don't squeal and are very low dust. I don't see why that wouldn't be the case for a Redline. Initial bite is a bit disappointing but other than that they are quite good pads.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

I recommend EBC Red Stuff.

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
LOuAbJT.jpg
LOuAbJT
I've got the DBA Street series and no complaints. No squeal so far and minimal brake dust - I upgraded from standard SS brakes and haven't noticed a difference in dust build up at all.

Can't speak on performance compared to standard Brembo or other pads given, as I said, I've upgraded from standard SS brakes and the difference was night and day due to the whole package.

EDIT: sorry that pic's huge and having trouble deleting it. Apologies if too big.

Last edited:

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
LOuAbJT.jpg
LOuAbJT
I've got the DBA Street series and no complaints. No squeal so far and minimal brake dust - I upgraded from standard SS brakes and haven't noticed a difference in dust build up at all.

Can't speak on performance compared to standard Brembo or other pads given, as I said, I've upgraded from standard SS brakes and the difference was night and day due to the whole package.

EDIT: sorry that pic's huge and having trouble deleting it. Apologies if too big.
Looks good, loving the black!! Swap you my Silver's
Must say, I grew up playing need for speed on PlayStation and just the name brembos is just awesome to have on my car.

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
Thanks mate - wanted something a bit different. Pic was to show lack of dust, and should have put in there that at the time this was two weeks after last wash (slack!)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Thanks mate - wanted something a bit different. Pic was to show lack of dust, and should have put in there that at the time this was two weeks after last wash (slack!)
Wow! With OEM pads, my black HF20's turn brown in 2 days after a wash...

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Pic was to show lack of dust, and should have put in there that at the time this was two weeks after last wash (slack!)

Wow! With OEM pads, my black HF20's turn brown in 2 days after a wash...

Indeed, 2 weeks with my Brembos and the Pentagons are getting a bath in Wheely Clean.

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline -- VX2 Calais LS1 A4
I recommend EBC Red Stuff.
I had thought the same when I need to change mine - I found the following part numbers (to suit the Redline Brembos), are you able to confirm?

EBC Red Stuff brake pads
Front: DP31210C
Rear: DP31140C