Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake pads

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Rotors should be at least ground when pads are renewed, so why grind when new rotors are around the same price, not to mention better than grinding old rotors down.
Unless there's a problem with the rotors, the only thing you achieve by machining rotors is wasting money! At best it let's the new pads bed in a little bit quicker, but you lose metal off the rotors so reduce the life of the rotors. Industry be and profiteering!

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
waste of money getting them skimed

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
$350 400 new rotors bendix pads easy

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
No need to machine discs just for sake of pad change, different if glazed or grooved or high spots. Otherwise, just limiting the life by removing material and also lessening the braking ability.

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I only machine them if they need it, but I will machine them a few times before I go buy new ones. The problems that lead to machining are not putting the wheel nuts on in the correct order and with a torque wrench, having a dodgy wheel bearing, or using the pads past the warning it is time to change.

Who knows what you have to pay in Australia for this stuff, but. OEM rotors from China are $40 each here, front and back Bendix pads costs $50 all up, and skimming is $7 per rotor.

H

harrop.senator

I only machine them if they need it, but I will machine them a few times before I go buy new ones. The problems that lead to machining are not putting the wheel nuts on in the correct order and with a torque wrench, having a dodgy wheel bearing, or using the pads past the warning it is time to change.

Who knows what you have to pay in Australia for this stuff, but. OEM rotors from China are $40 each here, front and back Bendix pads costs $50 all up, and skimming is $7 per rotor.

Skim rotors here are $35-40 each veales in WA does new Bosch at $35-40 EA. Bendix pads start at $40 a pair.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
DB1344HPX | QFM HPX Brake Pads (DB1331)

DB1332HPX | QFM HPX Brake Pads

I ordered these in 2018. What happened to these pads I can't find them anymore for the VZ