Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake rotor change (rear)

Kurtly91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vy series 2 2004
I could put a shifter on the caliper mount but I wouldn't be able to torque them correctly

Kurtly91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vy series 2 2004
I wish I took a picture of it to show you guys what I'm dealing with

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
my car is exactly the same suspension so i know exactly what you are having an issue with like i said just use a 75mm long extension bar on the torque wrench
it fits in nicely next to the shock.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I’d just do them up nice and tight if it were me don’t really need to torque those bolts, only if your super fussy or don’t have a good feel for tightening bolts

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You dont need to get a torque wrench in there. You dont need to get a shifter in there.

A long RING spanner will do the job. Or a socket and a medium extension will also do the job. You want to do them up as *tight* as you can. They're brakes, and the amount of torque you can apply by hand with or without a torque wrench is going to be the same. So do them up as tight as you can physically get them and then walk away. (And when i use the caveat of "as tight as you can get them" i do not mean if you can only feel like you can manage a quarter turn off when the bolt finishes being finger tight.)

Hang off it with all your bodyweight. Put loctite on there too for extra piece of mind if you want. The suspension doesnt need to come out to do brakes and if you're doing that, you're doing it wrong.

/thread.