Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Rotor Replacement

hsv_punk

I Just Want One
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina V6
You just missed out on a 20%off day on boxing day at supercheap. But they have 20% off days every so often, so perhaps that is a good time to buy when it next happens. $316.80 v $396.

V

VYSSion

When you say DBA slotted, are you talking the Gold Drilled and Slotted? Or just the slotted? I've got a price of $97.50 for the gold drilled and slotted ones, and if you don't have to do the bearings like you say I'll be getting them next week!

Is it easy to upgrade to the 330mm rotors? Obviously you'd have to upgrade the calipers as well? My current rotors look friggin tiny with the 19" rims on. :(

S

scalpa

commodores from vr on have lift off rotors it only takes about 1/2 hour if you no what your doing to chang the rotors over just undo the two 19mm caliper bolts lift off the caliper and the rotor should just pull off sometimes they are a little corroded just tap them with a heavy hammer as you spin the rotor and they should just about fall off
cheers scalpa

The Green Machine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S-Pack Ute
Hi All, I've just signed up 1/2 hr ago and am trying to find out how to post a question relating to my h/brake shoes grabbing on the VY S-Pak ute. Can anyone tell me how to start a new thread?

Thanks in advance.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
click new thread at the top of the page when you go into say vy commodore and you can start a new thread, same for all sections.

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
IMO if you have to ask how to do your brakes on a forum, don't, just pay someone who actually knows what they are doing.

I'm all for working on my car myself, but as soon as it comes to brakes and steering, those two things are whats going to kill people if they fail, so get someone who knows.

ucrvme

[UCRVME]
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden VY Berlina
My Rotors are also in need of replacing - and wanted DBA 4000 but could i just get it for the front and then when i have the cash get them for the back .. or does this throw the wheel of or anything like that?

And i have bendix pads front an rear would i have to change that too - i seem to have alot of meat still on the but for some reason my Rotors are worn!

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Its surprisingly easy.

Done all 4 myself a month ago, changed to rda slotted f&r
VY i would imagine is the same setup as a VT....

Search the how to section and you should be sweet.

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
Repacing the Rotors is not that hard on a VY but after watching my mate who runs his own Mobile Brake business there is far more to it than meets the eye.

Replacing the Rotors was fairly easy but I then watched as he repeatedly removed each rotor and calibrated them on the bearing to fine the best location to run true so that their was no vibration when braking.

After watching him I would have to say yes I could have done it myself but without the correct calibration tools I would suggest a pro do it.

Also if your thinking off replacing the Calipers see the thread attached.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-holden-commodore-2002-2004/98234-pbr-big-brake-upgrade.html

holdencple

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS 5.7L LS1
i put dbr gold drilled and slotted on my vy sv8 and i had nothing but troubles,rears had a buzzing sound when driving and even worse under break,mechanic could work it out either.
put standards back on and no noise.
fronts needed to be machined a few months later cos of vibration when breaking,were perfect for about 3 months now vibrating worse than ever,now puting stock rotors back on front,was a big waste of money.
has anyone else had a problem like that witth he same rotors?